We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malapascua Photo Blog

Malapascua Island...
4 posts
Save Topic
Malapascua Photo Blog

As a photographer now based in Malapascua, I believe it is my responsibility to showcase the beauty of the island. From the beaches, the people, culture and things that will just be too much to publish in magazines. I have created a photoblog featuring one picture about the island each day that will give travelers an idea of what they could expect in the island. Heres the link to Ahh...Malapascua: http://www.ahhmalapascua.wordpress.com

Feel free to browse the archives.

Do leave a comment if there's anything you want to know about the island. Either here on in the comments section of the blog.

Live, love and dive

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,347 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malapascua Photo Blog

The title of your photos are witty. More power to your blog.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,104 posts
2,070 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malapascua Photo Blog

Great photography.

Having been to Malapascua, I agree that it is a beautiful island. The number of visitors would be growing, but it still receives only a fraction of the number who would visit a similar place in Thailand.

I loved your photo of teh English or European tourists (cannot tell which) lolling on the sand with their small Christmas tree.

Great work: keep promoting Malapascua as sustainable tourism brings jobs and investments without wrecking what God has put there.

Malapascua Island...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Malapascua Photo Blog

Thanks for the compliments and encouragement guys.

Having been talking to tourists I realized that the Philippines is not a primary destination for travelers to southeast Asia. It is nice to hear how people are very much surprised by what the country has to offer. My blog is my contribution in the promotion of the island which obviously still needs more help.

I'll do my best to keep the photos coming.

Happy new year everyone!

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,347 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malapascua Photo Blog

I hope you could also add some "tourist information" about Malapascua like accommodations, places to visit, do's and dont's etc. so every time someone asks here about it we can direct them to your blog. As you said you are based there so any information coming from you is updated.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,967 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Malapascua Photo Blog

I hope you could also add some "tourist information" about Malapascua like accommodations, places to visit, do's and dont's etc.

-----------------------------------------------------

I hate it when there are competing websites with the same info.

There is already an excellent site with info for Malapascua

It is here

http://www.malapascua.de

By the way, good blog Flikybug

Regards: Jim

Edited: 12:56 am, December 31, 2010
Malapascua Island...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Malapascua Photo Blog

Thanks Jim!

I think the more sites the merrier.

Malapascua Island...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Malapascua Photo Blog

Kegler747,

My site is still in infancy. Although there are other sites about Malapascua it is also my intention create a category in the blog that will help tourists. I have read other websites about the island and there are some information that need updating. I would like to fill those gaps. In the mean time, enjoy the imagery.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,347 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Malapascua Photo Blog

To flikybug, take your time. I already included the link to your photo blog on the right side panel of this web page.

9. Re: Malapascua Photo Blog

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, June 30, 2011