We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

erbil vs mosul

wi
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Topic
erbil vs mosul

everyone says erbil is safe and that mosul is a death trap, but mosul is only like 80km away. how do they keep erbil so safe? some reason the terrorists dont enter?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: erbil vs mosul

I have been in Erbil a month now and it is a safe , clean and friendly city .There are no obvious signs of military , yes you see check-points occasionaly and the odd military convoy but no more than in any other middle eastern country .The population here see themselves as being from Kurdistan and not Iraq and they have very good reason to be proud I would recommend this place to anybody , it is not the Iraq you see on the news , as for Mosul I can not comment having not been there

2. Re: erbil vs mosul

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 am, September 06, 2012
London, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: erbil vs mosul

Erbil is safe, I had no troubles at all and cycled alone from Erbil most of the way to Sulaymaniyah.

Nothing but very fond memories of the people and country.

Kirkuk has problems for sure. Best to arrive at Erbil and ask around - head to the bars in Einkawa and you'll meet clued up middle class locals who will almost certainly be your best source of first hand info.

4. Re: erbil vs mosul

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, December 15, 2013