We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live from Catalonia Maroma

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Nuangola...
Level Contributor
314 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Live from Catalonia Maroma

Totally enjoying ourselves! Feel free to ask any questions :)

Garden Grove...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live from Catalonia Maroma

How is the beach at maroma compared to the beach that's a 10 minute walk from the Tulum Ruins? Any other way to access maroma beach without staying at secrets or the catalonia? thanks

Nuangola...
Level Contributor
314 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live from Catalonia Maroma

I have only been to the beach right at the ruins so I can't comment, if that's the one you are talking about I still vote for Maroma. The beach here is absolutely fabulous though. We have stayed at quite a few properties down here and Maroma is my favorite by far!

I do not believe there is any way to (comfortably) access it besides staying at a resort on the beach but do not know for sure...

Edited: 7:42 pm, October 15, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
580 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live from Catalonia Maroma

How easy is it to escape the smokers? I see in some reviews it has been problematic as they are allowed to smoke in any open area. I was hoping by now they would have some non smoking designated outdoor areas.

Arkansas
Level Contributor
4,735 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live from Catalonia Maroma

franang,

Catalonia resorts often cater to Italian guests.

In my multiple trips to Catalonia resorts I notice more Italians smoke and they a lot more.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
580 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live from Catalonia Maroma

So I'm guessing there aren't any designated clean air areas. Sandos Playacar has a large South American guest population that smoke a lot as well but the resort was fabulous for having non smoking seating sections on the beach and pool. Smokers and nonsmokers were very happy campers. I was hoping other resorts would start doing the same.

Nuangola...
Level Contributor
314 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Live from Catalonia Maroma

Smoke is pretty much everywhere, I've found this to be true at most resorts that cater to Europeans. I completely agree that there should be separate areas, seems as though it would make everybody more happy. The smokers would not have to stress about annoying the non-smokers and the non-smokers could breathe clean air.

Edited: 10:56 am, October 21, 2016
Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,782 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Live from Catalonia Maroma

Tuan,

You can also access the Maroma beach by going to Maroma Adventures Marina. You don't have to book an excursion, they have day passes and you can enjoy the day away there. I do not know the price for this but there is an online chat feature on their website.

http://www.maromaadventures.com/

8. Re: Live from Catalonia Maroma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 23, 2017