We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Hurricane Mathew affecting Riviera Maya, Cancun?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
North Bergen, New...
Level Contributor
51 posts
46 reviews
18 helpful votes
Is Hurricane Mathew affecting Riviera Maya, Cancun?

Hi,

I'm going to Cancun on Monday but I'm worry about the weather. Does anyone knows if the hurricane will affect Riviera Maya? I don't know if I should cancel my trip.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,636 posts
10 reviews
16 helpful votes
1. Re: Is Hurricane Mathew affecting Riviera Maya, Cancun?

I doubt it. I'm on the SW coast of Florida, and, it's hardly having any impact here.

North Bergen, New...
Level Contributor
51 posts
46 reviews
18 helpful votes
2. Re: Is Hurricane Mathew affecting Riviera Maya, Cancun?

Hi, Thank you for the message. I feel so much better and looking forward going on vacation.

3. Re: Is Hurricane Mathew affecting Riviera Maya, Cancun?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 pm, October 06, 2016
Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
26,065 posts
9 reviews
67 helpful votes
4. Re: Is Hurricane Mathew affecting Riviera Maya, Cancun?

"You are a moron. "

Nice first post there Captain. You might want to review Trip Advisor's policy regarding personal attacks.

I agree that had the OP done a modicum of research, she could easily have found the answer to her own question but that doesn't excuse that sort of response.

Bloomington-Normal
Level Contributor
31 posts
5. Re: Is Hurricane Mathew affecting Riviera Maya, Cancun?

Wow captain. First forum post going out with a bang. Yet another useless comment to this forum. Op, the hurricane should have no impact. Have a great trip!

6. Re: Is Hurricane Mathew affecting Riviera Maya, Cancun?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:05 pm, October 07, 2016
Newark, Delaware
Level Contributor
21 posts
7. Re: Is Hurricane Mathew affecting Riviera Maya, Cancun?

I'm going to.

The weather will be fine.

The hurricame make a turn and hit Jamaica and Haiti and going up the Florida area and possibly to the carolinas etc.

We are safe.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,636 posts
10 reviews
16 helpful votes
8. Re: Is Hurricane Mathew affecting Riviera Maya, Cancun?

Spirit's flight from FLL to CUN is cancelled today. Still on for tomorrow. I have a friend who is trying to get to Cancun.

We fly Spirit on occasion. We know if something happens, either weather or mechanical, we'll be stuck for a while. We've saved enough over the years buying cheap tickets on low frills airlines, that, if we need to get somewhere, we'll cough up the cash and fly home or to where we're going on a last minute ticket on another airline.

Arkansas
Level Contributor
4,868 posts
29 reviews
183 helpful votes
9. Re: Is Hurricane Mathew affecting Riviera Maya, Cancun?

People from places that have dense population in smaller areas often ask this question and it is perfectly valid for them to ask - its about their frame of reference. Folks from Europe and northeast US have similar concerns.

Those of us that grew up in wide open spaces have a different frame of reference with distances. I grew up in Texas and its obvious to me how far Matthew is from the Yucatan. But might not be so obvious to someone else with a very different frame of reference.

Courtesy and respect matter.

10. Re: Is Hurricane Mathew affecting Riviera Maya, Cancun?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 09, 2017