We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upscale Family Friendly AI (w/Good Food/Drinks)

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Georgia
Level Contributor
431 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Upscale Family Friendly AI (w/Good Food/Drinks)

We are looking for an upscale family friendly AI resort for a short stay (probably 5 nights) before school starts back. We will be traveling with our 6 year old daughter. Here are some of the things we are looking for:

* Upscale, modern family friendly AI

* Nice, spacious well-appointed rooms, preferably with a sitting area and stocked mini-bar

* Room service available

* Very good food / drinks – I know food is subjective…but this is the area that tends to get the most criticism from hubby when we are considering resorts in Mexico…so I would appreciate any and all feedback on resorts that you consider to have good to very good food (Jamaica tends to be our ‘go-to’ vacation destination…and he loves the food there)

* Number of restaurants available with A/C

* Very good service

* Nice kid-friendly pool(s) with a good ratio of shaded loungers to the number of guests (would like to still be able to find loungers even if some guests play the ‘towel game’)

* Activities available for 6 year old

These are the main two that I’ve been looking at…

Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Esmeralda

Finest Playa Mujeres

Here are a couple others that have been suggested for me to check out as well…

Royalton Riviera Cancun

Hyatt Ziva

Are there others that I should consider or any of the above that I should not consider? TIA!

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,771 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Upscale Family Friendly AI (w/Good Food/Drinks)

You may want to check out the Generations Riviera Maya as well: karismahotels.com/Hotels-Resorts-Villas/For-…

Georgia
Level Contributor
431 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Upscale Family Friendly AI (w/Good Food/Drinks)

Thank you. I will check it out.

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,117 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Upscale Family Friendly AI (w/Good Food/Drinks)

Check out Grand Residences Riviera Cancun. Exactly what you are looking for.

Georgia
Level Contributor
431 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Upscale Family Friendly AI (w/Good Food/Drinks)

Thank you. I will take a look...I'm not familiar with Grand Residences Riviera Cancun.

nj
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Upscale Family Friendly AI (w/Good Food/Drinks)

Hi! I know this is an old post, but what did you decide? I've been to Paradisus and Finest, also Dreams RC and we are considering Royalton or Hyatt Ziva this time. We loved the Paradisus except for the beach/lack of ocean views from the resort area. And Finest was fantastic overall but the food was just ok. Has anyone been to both Royalton and Ziva? We are travelling with a 5 year old and 2 year old so a kids pool area or splash pad is a must. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
2,016 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Upscale Family Friendly AI (w/Good Food/Drinks)

Royalton is a great resort. Massive splash park with slides and other water features. Food was delicious. Rooms are new. They have huge double rain head showers and jetted tubs. Great kids club, beach is decent, nice and Sandy but sometimes water can be cloudy! Not sure if you know about guest run Facebook group? It's locked. All u have to do is ask to join

Georgia
Level Contributor
431 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Upscale Family Friendly AI (w/Good Food/Drinks)

We ended up going to Paradisus La Esmeralda. Finest had very limited availability during the dates we were planning to go. I think you pretty much summed up our thoughts on Paradisus. Overall, we had a great vacation…but we did miss the ocean views from the resort areas. We were pleased with the service, food, and drinks.

nj
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Upscale Family Friendly AI (w/Good Food/Drinks)

Thanks for the replies! And I will ask to join that fb group. We definitely preferred Finest over Paradisus. Still considering going back to Finest but not sure if worth an extra $700, over swim out room at Royalton or ocean view at Ziva. Finest was almost perfect but the food was just ok. My only reservation with Royalton is that the beach/ocean will be filled with seaweed. But I guess that could happen at the others too. As for Ziva, the beach looks awesome but I'm reading that the kid's club has a lot of restrictions with the kid's pool etc. And I'm not sure we could take my 2 year old in at all, even if we accompany her, so that's not ideal. Decisions, decisions... lol! Anyway- Thanks for your thoughts!

Georgia
Level Contributor
431 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Upscale Family Friendly AI (w/Good Food/Drinks)

When are you planning to go?

nj
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Upscale Family Friendly AI (w/Good Food/Drinks)

I'm looking at the very end of March (so spring break will have passed) or end of April/beginning of May.