We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wearing Wedding/Engagement Rings

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Texas
Level Contributor
163 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Wearing Wedding/Engagement Rings

Ladies...quick question...I am newly engaged and fiance and I are going to Excellence Riviera Maya and may take a couple day trips outside the resort. Do most of y'all where your engagement/wedding rings, or do you leave them at home? Thanks in advance.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,543 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wearing Wedding/Engagement Rings

These posts come up frequently and its typically about half and half, bring or leave at home.

I will give my take on what I do: I bring mine. They are insured, and are not family heirlooms.

We have a routine of spending the morning on the beach and afternoons at the pool so I leave them in the safe in the room and then at lunch I typically go to the room anyway to change into a dry suit and then put them on and wear them till bed. If we go on an excursion I generally leave them in the room safe bc we do water activities in the ocean.

You just have to do whats best for you. I will say though, if they are not fully insured yet, I wouldn't dream of taking them. Or really wearing them in general, but that has nothing to do with Mexico.

ohio
Level Contributor
2,324 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wearing Wedding/Engagement Rings

I wear all my jewery. Diamonds... necklace pendant, wedding rings, earrings,bracelot. I never take them off.

If I were not going to wear them I would leave them home instead of leaving them in the room, whether in Mexico or elsewhere.

Stowe, Vermont
Level Contributor
7,105 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wearing Wedding/Engagement Rings

I leave anything valuable jewelry wise at home. I don't want to worry about it. I do wear my wedding band.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,953 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wearing Wedding/Engagement Rings

I usually leave my engagement diamond at home, and just wear my band and silver costume jewelry. I spend a lot of time in the ocean and just don't want to risk losing it.

Plus it hampers my ability to haggle with the vendors. haha. ;)

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,616 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wearing Wedding/Engagement Rings

I always wear mine as my fingers tend to swell in the heat and my ring is very hard to remove.

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,420 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wearing Wedding/Engagement Rings

I usually wear mine as well and same as shelb, my fingers swell so much while there it is almost impossible to get off.

This next trip we are staying in PDC for 2 nights and going to Akumal for snorkeling before heading to our resort and I have decided to leave my engagement ring at home and will just wear my band. I don't want to have to worry with it or worry that when I try to take it off in the evening, it could go flying to some unknown place! :-)

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,067 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wearing Wedding/Engagement Rings

I leave all of my good jewelry at home when I travel out of the country, always.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
235 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wearing Wedding/Engagement Rings

I never travel with my good stuff. Not worth the worry.

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
373 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wearing Wedding/Engagement Rings

I leave mine at home. My band and engagement ring are soldered together, so I wear a plain silver band that I have. I also wouldn't want to risk losing it in the water or sand.

Texas
Level Contributor
163 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Wearing Wedding/Engagement Rings

Thanks for the replies everyone. I think I will just leave it at home. Too risky and too much worry! It is so hard to take off now, though! ;)