Priorities in order for water loving family of 2 young teens: Shore Snorkeling Beach, Awesome Playful Pool, Family Friendly, Smaller 3/4 Star Uncrowded Resort, Oceanfront room (nothing fancy), Food (not picky, we eat for convenience). We have only been to ABR.
Top candidates in order are:
1) El Cozemeleno: (Too hotelish, not resortish? Buffet food fine with us). Crowded pool area?
2) El Cid: (Great pool, super family friendly, not much for snorkeling?)
3) Barcelo Maya Colonial/Beach: (good snorkeling/pool but too mega big, no oceanfront room?)
4) Iberostar Beach/Maya: (Amazing pool. Lush, Gardenviews? Too mega big? No snorkeling?)
5) Catalonia Riviera Maya: ?? (Beach too busy with condo guests?)
6) Grand Palladium: (Great pool & salt water pool, Too mega spread out? Snorkeling?)
6) Sandos Caracol Eco? (Crowded Beach? Snorkeling?)
7) Royal Haciendes? (Crowded Beach? Snorkeling?)
8) Grand Bahia Principe Tulum? (Too far south?) Layout seems nice.
Any others?? Thoughts, ratings, comments? Thank you so much!! I would rate ABR:
Pool: 7 (Clean, uncrowded, just nothing special)
Family Friendly: 9
Size/Layout/Crowd: 9 (Loved that it was smaller and kids convenient to all areas)
Oceanfront view: 10
Room: 4 (hard beds, noisy AC, no furniture for clothing storage). Didn't care, there for location.
Price: 9 (Great value).
Service: 8 (As long as people aren't rude, we don't care about this either. We are too busy.)
Food: 7 (fine, we eat for convenience).