We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

USA Transfers vs Cancun Transfers

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Akron, Ohio
Level Contributor
366 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
USA Transfers vs Cancun Transfers

We're headed back to Secrets Maroma in August and I was checking transfer rates (we've always used USA Transfers with good service for over 5 years now because of their competitive rates) and noticed their rates increased quite a bit percentage wise. (I believe last year at that time it was $80 and is now listed at $99 which isn't a huge amount of money but it is a 20%+ increase). I've heard others have positive comments about CancunTransfers who are $82 round trip and was hoping to get thoughts from anyone who has used both. How do their services compare? Drivers? Cars? Payment process? etc?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Edmonton
Level Contributor
1,492 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: USA Transfers vs Cancun Transfers

Scroll down there was a thread on them yesterday.

Truth or...
Level Contributor
219 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: USA Transfers vs Cancun Transfers

There was a recent thread mentioning that Cancun transfers were 35 minutes late picking up people who were returning to the airport. Others reported lateness as well on the thread.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,870 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: USA Transfers vs Cancun Transfers

try this thread on comparisons

tripadvisor.ca/…46456313

PA
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,933 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: USA Transfers vs Cancun Transfers

We've used Cancun Transfers for the last six years. I love the fact that I can book online and pay via paypal. I get a confirmation email and I always take the receipts with me but, we've never needed them. They build the time it takes to get to the airport and the anticipated wait time into the times they arrange to bring you back. I usually spring for the VIP service in the suburban. I don't need to but I like the added comfort. They're great. I've never experienced them being late or had a problem with that.

I've never used USA Transfers as I've never felt the need to switch.

Edited: 4:10 pm, June 23, 2013
Akron, Ohio
Level Contributor
366 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: USA Transfers vs Cancun Transfers

Appreciate the info. Seems like Canada Transfers may be an alternative to consider and they are even less expensive with lots of positive reviews I've seen. ($75 for round trip to Secrets Maroma)

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: USA Transfers vs Cancun Transfers

I've used both. They were both on time upon arrival and departure. The driver we had for Cancun Transfers was a little nicer than USA but frankly, the most important part is getting there! We had to cancel one trip with Cancun Transfers only the day before and there was no issue at all. We used CV twice and USA once. For our most recent trip we used AGI on the recommendation of our travel agent and they were great; there was even a mix-up on our arrival information (completely our fault) and they tracked down the issue to make sure they were there. There were also voicemails on all our numbers when we arrived home because they called to try to track us down. Excellent service.

North Canton, Ohio
Level Contributor
755 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: USA Transfers vs Cancun Transfers

Well neighbor, I have used USA transfers 3 times and was happy all 3. This next trip, I am going to try canada transfers.......www.canadatransfers.com . They are getting good reviews and their rates are better...

Vancouver
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
43,870 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: USA Transfers vs Cancun Transfers

My wife used Canada a Transfers last month

Cold faceclothes / free water / pre-order beers

great deal

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
758 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: USA Transfers vs Cancun Transfers

Its a race to the bottom if we keep changing to the lowest cost provider. Is Cda Transfers reliable?

Vancouver
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
43,870 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: USA Transfers vs Cancun Transfers

Is Cdn Transfers reliable?

Did you read the thread I posted

Plus you can pay in cnd $ (as USA Transfer) at the airport