We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AI with calm, clear water, sandy beach needed

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Evans, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
222 reviews
Save Topic
AI with calm, clear water, sandy beach needed

DH and I want to get away this October for some R&R. Had to cut back our trip funds (originally going to Couples Swept Away in Negril, but too spendy now after some unexpected medical bills) so we are looking at other options.

Are there any AI resorts in RM that still have nice sandy beaches, with warm, calm, clear water?

Large or small resort, doesn't matter. Beach is top priority, followed closely by good service and good food.

Does this exist anymore in RM? If so, please tell me where.

Thanks! Love this board!

cleveland
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AI with calm, clear water, sandy beach needed

Hi there there are beautiful resorts in this area that will fit the bill.Check out the Barcelo resort and Grand Pallidum resorts.I have been to both and they have beautiful white sand beaches and calm water.Both are on the large side but not alot of walking.Food and service was great at both,If you decide on the Barcelo do the Tropical/colonial side or the Palace side you will get more choices and all buffets are A/C.The Caribe/Maya beach side do not have that and you are limited to dinners.At the Pallidum all are A/C now I was there in 2004 and the other sections where not built then so I cant commet on them but the Kantenth side was wonderful.That has the best part of the beach.Buildinds and rooms are quiet only 6 rooms per floor not long hallways where you hear slamming doors.This resort has alot of cool wildlife and great trails to walk.Well I hope this has helped some.We also go in Oct every year we get great prices at this time just make sure you take out the Insurance in case of a huuricane!

Suburbs of Philly
Level Contributor
294 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AI with calm, clear water, sandy beach needed

Yes, this exists in many places in the RM! We've had several amazing vacations to the Secrets hotels (Secrets Capri, Secrets Maroma Beach, Secrets Silversands) in that area.

I'm going to recommend that you check out Secrets Capri. It is located on a gorgeous beach and the world’s second largest barrier reef lies just offshore. This makes for some awesome snorkeling.

You will truly enjoy a truly top notch experience at this resort. It is adults-only, all-inclusive (they call it "Unlimited Luxury" - too true)-- 24 hour room service and a stocked mini bar are included!

The food is also amazing, you can choose from seven restaurants (steakhouse, seafood, hibachi, italian and more!) and no reservations are required. Hope you enjoy your getaway!

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AI with calm, clear water, sandy beach needed

Hi Mel!

I was just at Secrets Capri and LOVED it!

You can view my pics here:

good-times.webshots.com/album/570820857aWEqvq

Their Spa is AMAZING!

Happy Choosing

and Happy Travels!

bb/mt

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
16,070 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: AI with calm, clear water, sandy beach needed

Barcelo Palace has a nice beach but is not adults only and service was mediocre when we stayed. Front desk is awful! And bars and restaurants are understaffed IMO.

Secrets Maroma has a great beach but I doubt it will be cheaper than CSA. You can stay at CSA for 300 a night with their specials.

Catalonia Royal Tulum is well priced and gets good reviews but I have never been.

Level Contributor
431 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: AI with calm, clear water, sandy beach needed

Orbitz has some incredible pricing on Secrets Maroma Beach now. Last night I booked air from Boston and 7 nights in an oceanview preferred jr. suite for $2650 for both of us in November. Use the code Entertain200.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: AI with calm, clear water, sandy beach needed

I have stayed at Capri, Secrets Maroma,the Del Mar at the Ibersostar, the Bahia and the Beach at the Barcelo.

All had their charms and if I were to suggest one of them for a great beach and water it would be the Barcelo.

However my favorite beach in the RM is XpuHa and the Catalonia Royal Tulum is right in the middle of it. Big wide beach, sandy and the best water.

7. Re: AI with calm, clear water, sandy beach needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, November 16, 2009