We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AI with teen girls

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
oregon
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
AI with teen girls

Wife and I want to take 2 teen girls to a AI. Weve stayed at ASP a couple times, so i was thinking Moon Palace. However, I'd like to stay closer to Tulum/Akumal.Can you all rec something?

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AI with teen girls

Bahia Principle resorts are three resorts in one, plenty of other teens there and plenty of space to explore

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AI with teen girls

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g499445-d503104…

Ivyland...
Level Contributor
441 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AI with teen girls

Also if you like the Palace Resorts, the Playacar Palace is in Playa Del Carmen at least 30 miles closer to Tulum or so.

Paton, Iowa
Level Contributor
64 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: AI with teen girls

toucan0332,

We took our daughters age 17 and 18 to the Iberostar Maya 3 years ago and they had a fabulous time! The resort is big - there were other teens there and the star friends really made it fun for them. I felt it was a safe enviroment and that allowed them their freedom without our worry.

They still talk about how much fun it was.

oregon
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: AI with teen girls

Thanks, all. I guess it will take more research. Arrgh! I hate research! ANyone got more takes on Iberostar?

Zionsville, Indiana
Level Contributor
73 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: AI with teen girls

We went to Iberostar Lindo 3 years ago. We loved it. It was like a cruise but not so claustrophobic. Lots of pools and activities. The activity directors (STAR friends) had activities every 30 minutes--salsa lessons, water aerobics, ping pong, archery, pool games, spanish lessons, etc. You were never bored!! There are 5 resorts in 1 area. I'd recommend the Lindo or Maya. These resorts allow you to eat each night at a restaurant instead of buffet (you do enough of that for breakfast and lunch) and you can go to the DelMar and Beach side. The DelMar and Beach people can come over to the Lindo/Maya side but cannot get drinks and I think they can only go to the restaurants 3-4 nights out of 7. Of course they are cheaper, but it showed in the rowdiness and cleanliness of that side. It was pretty, but you saw towels hanging over balconies, loud groups or small kids. The Lindo/Maya side was a little more upscale (but not stuffy).

Good luck,

7. Re: AI with teen girls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:22 am, August 22, 2009