We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AI with best pools for kids who can swim

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Denver, CO
Level Contributor
34 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
AI with best pools for kids who can swim

Hi there,

Can anyone recommend an AI that has fun pools for kids (ages 11, 8 and 6) with slides or fountains or lazy rivers? Our kids are real water kids and we'd like to try a resort with fun pools for them. Also, if you can recommend one, can you also comment on the beach at the resort and/or the kids' club? We're trying to start planning a trip for next year and would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
6,642 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AI with best pools for kids who can swim

One of the Iberostars has a wave pool and a lazy river I think. I am fairly sure it's the Lindo or Maya. Just do a search for "wave pool" and you will find it. :)

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
6,642 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AI with best pools for kids who can swim

Moon Palace is another one. They don't have any special effects that I know of at their pool but it's one of the largest if not the largest in Mexico for a freeform pool. It goes on for forever :) Also, I have heard their kids club is good. The resort is VERY large so they usually have lots of kids involved which can make things more fun for them.

They have a children's area but I haven't been to Moon before so I can't comment on what that area is like.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AI with best pools for kids who can swim

Definitely the Riviera Maya Iberostar Paraiso Lindo or Paraiso Maya are your best bet. LOTS to do for the kids including wave pool, lazy river & ice cream parlor. Friends of mine with 2 boys 10 and under went, and LOVED it. Hope it all works out!

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
9,161 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: AI with best pools for kids who can swim

I believe the Barcelo has a "water park" area at their complex.

5. Re: AI with best pools for kids who can swim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:47 pm, December 19, 2007
6. Re: AI with best pools for kids who can swim

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:47 pm, December 19, 2007
Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Cancun, Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,366 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: AI with best pools for kids who can swim

I second Moon Palace. There are tons of activities for your children to do here, plus free unlimited tours to many great places. When you stay at moon you also have free unlimited access to WetNWild waterpark.

8. Re: AI with best pools for kids who can swim

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 2:19 am, September 15, 2009