We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bank ATM and Shopping near Mayan Palace?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Columbia, California
Level Contributor
401 posts
86 reviews
Bank ATM and Shopping near Mayan Palace?

We are headed to Mayan Palace in late July. They are picking us up at Cancun airport. I would like to stop at a Bank ATM and a supermercado type big store. They may not allow a stop, due to other passengers. If not, are there Bank ATMs and big grocery stores near Mayan Palace?

Any suggestions?

5 replies to this topic
Brentwood...
Level Contributor
7 posts
40 reviews
1. Re: Bank ATM and Shopping near Mayan Palace?

No, there is nothing near the Mayan property. My suggestion is to poll the other passengers and stop on your way to the resort. We asked and everyone in our van wanted to stop at the mercado.

Columbia, California
Level Contributor
401 posts
86 reviews
2. Re: Bank ATM and Shopping near Mayan Palace?

This is exactly what I planned. The resort said it would be difficult, but maybe a tip would help. If others on the shuttle say no, should I have them drop us at the supermecado and take a taxi from there?

If that is the plan, where is the biggest town north of the resort?

Thanks!

Southern California
Level Contributor
15,817 posts
1 review
3. Re: Bank ATM and Shopping near Mayan Palace?

Biggest town north would be Puerto Morelos, about a 20 minute drive or so. They have a Chedraui supermarket.

Toronto,Ont
Level Contributor
56 posts
29 reviews
4. Re: Bank ATM and Shopping near Mayan Palace?

When we stay at The Vidanta Property we take some things from home (pringles, peanut butter, jam, granola bars ...) then on our trip to Playa Del Carmen, we stop at Mega for beer, wine, bread. As an alternative the store on site is very good for staples and twice we even bought groceries online and they were in our room when we arrived (Still brought some things from home but ordered liquor, fruit, bread and juices online).

Hope this helps!

Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
5. Re: Bank ATM and Shopping near Mayan Palace?

Or you can get your own taxi at airport and have the driver take you to the store. Only issue ia the time from the store to the time you actually get to your room can be 2 hrs.

Be mindful of what you buy.

Or you can wake up early the next morning and take a taxi from hotel, to Chedraui, I think about $30 round trip and do a big shop. You can even ask taxi to wait for you.

Don’t forget to check our puerto Morelos.

Reply to: Bank ATM and Shopping near Mayan Palace?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted