Any suggestions or comments on this itinerary for early September 2015, travelling from the UK. Using an internal flight to reduce travel time and driving and to maximize time in the parks.
1. Arrive Calgary - Collect car and drive to Banff
5. Drive Icefield Parkway to Jasper
9. Drive Icefields Parkway to Lake Louise
10. Fly Calgary to Victoria
16. Campbell River for Knigh Inlet Lodge
17. Knight Inlet
18. Knight Inlet
My thoughts at the minute are:
1. Should we drop one day from either Banff or Jasper, if so which?
2. Would an extra night in Victoria be worth it? Currently 2 nights but only really 1 day
3. Would the 2 night package at Knight Inlet be better than 3? Is 2 enough?
4. Do we need a night in Calgary first, following a transatlantic flight before driving to Banff?
5. We added the night at LL to break up the return journey down the icefields parkway from Jasper to Calgary