We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Customs

pine hill, nj
Level Contributor
305 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
Customs

So kinda embarrassing but need answers. My husband over 10 yrs ago was charged/convicted of a felony. Probation served as well as monies paid. Trying to go to the Canadian Rockies but worried about him getting in. I believe he should be deemed rehabilitated but won't know til we get there. Kinda of an expensive mistake if they don't find him DR. I know you can do a lengthy application but it takes a year or more to get answers and quite frankly we don't have the luxury of time. Has anyone had any similar experiences crossing the boarder and what was the outcome? Any info would b greatly appreciated.

pine hill, nj
Level Contributor
305 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Customs

Thank you all so much. Will call number on Monday. That number isn't on my already called list. Our plan is as follows:

Plan vacation including purchasing air fare.

While waiting for passport, will fill out FBI paperwork.

Expungement process has already started.

Once all info( expungement, FBI, passport plus paper when his probation was up ) and drive to Niagara Falls. See what happens. My only reason for my apprehension is written in the ten year rule it also stipulates if there was bodily damage you may be denied.

If we run into trouble we will change our flights and have enough time to cancel reservations( minus processing fees) I think it's a good plan and the worse that can happen is I see Niagara Falls and go to Lake Tahoe instead??

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,684 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Customs

You've got a great attitude.

Good luck.

Cheers,

Terry

13. Re: Customs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, October 08, 2014