We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Logistical/Itinerary Question - Jasper to Spokane

Beverly...
Level Contributor
269 posts
546 reviews
Save Topic
Logistical/Itinerary Question - Jasper to Spokane

Hello - I've been reading many of the posts here and have my basic itinerary set for my visit to Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper in late July. I'll be arriving in Spokane July 14, spending a week in Glacier Nat'l Park (US), then heading to Banff and Jasper. I currently have 3 nights booked in Banff (arriving from Pincher Creek), followed by 2 nights in Jasper. I am a photographer, and will be mainly focused on photography and shorter hikes. I may also squeeze in a horseback ride during this portion of my trip.

My last night in Jasper is July 24. My flight home leaves Spokane at 12:45PM on July 27. I am looking for suggestions on how to break up the last two nights on my return trip to Spokane. I could add a night to Jasper (meaning a LONG drive the next day towards Spokane), or head back for another night in either Lake Louise or Banff. I could also continue driving south and stay somewhere such as Cranbrook. I had originally booked a night in Revelstoke, but I think that's too far out of the way. I am thinking I will spend the last night (July 26) back in the US, possibly Sandpoint, ID so I can shorten the drive back to Spokane the next morning.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what might be the easiest/best way to spend these last two nights? I'm leaning towards the Banff area (or possibly a splurge at the Chateau LL) for the first night and then a leisurely drive to Sandpoint the last night, but would love to hear thoughts and ideas. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,070 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Logistical/Itinerary Question - Jasper to Spokane

I'm not really familiar with the BC portion of this route, but it looks like Invermere, BC lies at about the halfway point along your route: http://goo.gl/maps/CGKqr

Invermere's a popular summer destination for vacationers from Calgary & Vancouver, but that's all I know. Other points worth checking out along the route would be Radium Hot Springs and Fairmont Hot Springs, both vacation towns not far from Invermere.

For more information, though, your best bet is to post on the British Columbia (BC) forum:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g154922-i80-British…

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
14,872 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Logistical/Itinerary Question - Jasper to Spokane

I would make sure I was on the US side the day of the flight especially if I had a non refundable ticket. Sandpoint being only 1.5 hrs from Spokane means you would not need to get up in the middle of the night to catch your flight. (-:

Beverly...
Level Contributor
269 posts
546 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Logistical/Itinerary Question - Jasper to Spokane

Thanks for the information! I'll try the BC forum also. I will plan to spend the last night back in Idaho so I don't have any problems getting back to Spokane in time. Thanks again!

New Brunswick
Level Contributor
160 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Logistical/Itinerary Question - Jasper to Spokane

I would be interested to hear back from you once you get back. I will be doing a similar drive at the end of July. I'm flying into Spokane and spending 5 nights in Hayden Lake, ID to visit friends. I will then drive to Banff to spend another 4 nights.

Have an awesome trip!

Joanne

5. Re: Logistical/Itinerary Question - Jasper to Spokane

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 27, 2014