We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anniversary trip to include rockies/train and toronto/falls

Exeter, England...
1 post
Save Topic
Anniversary trip to include rockies/train and toronto/falls

25th trip - not as much money as would hop so a special trip but not an overly expensive one - any ideas? travelling from england

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
64,478 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anniversary trip to include rockies/train and toronto/falls

Welcome to the forums Kim ~

As you can appreciate, Trip Advisor is used by a huge number of people. The posters at destinations are all volunteers who spend time helping prospective visitors with their questions. None of the volunteers is a travel agent and could not possibly work with your enquiry in the broad wording it has been asked.

What works well is for a visitor to do some research and come to the forum with a bit of a plan, the most tentative plan. This would include dates of travel, arrival and departure cities, a mention of mode of travel, a mention of which train, a mention of what things you like to see and do when you visit a new place. I'm afraid I can't think of anyone who would be willing to work with your question as is.

Please look to the upper right in the Top Questions where there are Trip Reports and other information for commonly asked questions.

Edited: 12:42 pm, February 20, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anniversary trip to include rockies/train and toronto/falls

The one thing I can say is that Toronto and Niagara Falls are almost 2000 miles from the Rockies. Flying between the two will make your trip much more expensive, and the cross-country train service isn't particularly cheap either. (The best scenery on that ride is in the Rockies -- the views on the rest of the trip through the prairies and Northern Ontario can be quite pleasant but get very repetitive!)

I would recommend focusing on the Rockies and Vancouver and/or Calgary, and leaving Toronto and Niagara Falls for a separate trip.

Edited: 1:11 pm, February 20, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
Calgary
Calgary
Alberta, Canada
3. Re: Anniversary trip to include rockies/train and toronto/falls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 22, 2014