We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My TripWOW photos for the Canadian Rockies

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
16,913 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
My TripWOW photos for the Canadian Rockies

As there have been a lot of inquiries about driving through the Rockies on the forums recently I have finally got around to putting together a photo album of our trip in the first week of June 2008.

…tripadvisor.com/tripwow/ta-00e6-c2d0-07f3

I hope that I have the labels correct for the falls on the IP.

Enjoy.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My TripWOW photos for the Canadian Rockies

Fantastic job Frommy! Even in mixed weather in early June you made the most of every location and got some great shots. Not everyone will be so lucky with seeing that assortment of wildlife either. Thanks for posting!! :)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
26,600 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My TripWOW photos for the Canadian Rockies

That's so good of you to take the time to put that together - gives a great overview of the area. I think you have names the falls correctly.

I think when people think of driving in the Rockies, they imagine small, winding road a la Swisse Alps. In photos, its very difficult to appreciate the difference in scale. The Rockies are just so much more immense, and so the valleys are too, allowing for enough room for a proper highway.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My TripWOW photos for the Canadian Rockies

Nice, Frommy! Thanks for sharing!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
736 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My TripWOW photos for the Canadian Rockies

Very nice presentation, Frommy! I watched all nine minutes ... that's the first time I have seen that tripwow program. ... I can't believe how low Moraine Lake was when you were there - yikes! ... The ice on Lake Louise was beautiful! ... I am jealous that you saw so many male bighorn sheep - that's one thing we missed seeing when we were there last July .... We stayed at Patricia Lake Bungalows, as well - what a lovely place! .... Thanks for putting this together.

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
16,913 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My TripWOW photos for the Canadian Rockies

Thank you all for the great compliments.

@ Tobie - Any mug point-n-click merchant like myself cannot fail to capture some of the beauty of the Rockies as it is all around.

@ V67 (waves) - Although I put most of this TripWOW together a few months ago I forgot about it and did not post it. It was the questions recently asked about driving in the Rockies that prompted me to post. After posting I realised that I had still wanted to do some more work on the background music. Oh well. :(

@ krp329 (also waves) - I am glad that you did not pick on me for any incorrect labels, unlike a few years ago for my TR.. :=)

@ mjneenan - Moraine was a major surprise to us. There was no value in walking around to the rock pile for photos. When the thaw advances it obviously would have had a major impact on water levels. TripWOW is something that I saw used on a forum here, and I had a play with it. While there are most probably far better programs around for doing this sort of thing, giving better control of the presentation, with my less than advanced IT skills I found TripWOW to be extremely easy to use. The biggest problem is in selecting appropriate photos out of the large number that we travellers collect these days with digital gear. My first TW was for our Alaska cruise, and second for a luncheon cruise on Indian Arm, Vancouver.

I know that some have already benefited from seeing the standard of the IP construction as shown in some of the photos through messages on other threads and by PM's, so it has been very rewarding for me to have posted this. I have a warm and fuzzy feeling inside, so it must be time for another beer, eh. :)

Happy travels all.

Edited: 7:24 am, May 16, 2011
Anglesey
Level Contributor
549 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My TripWOW photos for the Canadian Rockies

Just followed this link from another post and really enjoyed it. Got us fired up for our September trip where I will be driving.

thanks

London
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: My TripWOW photos for the Canadian Rockies

Great photos Frommy. Thanks to the link on the other thread.

Ayrshire
Level Contributor
22 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My TripWOW photos for the Canadian Rockies

These photos are great !...the roads look fine.

I suppose if we could negotiate driving from Rome airport across Italy as first timers on the "wrong side of the road" we can negotiate anything !

Thank you very much for your help. Hope your next trip is as enjoyable

Rushden
Level Contributor
122 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: My TripWOW photos for the Canadian Rockies

Thanks everyone. Your input has been really useful.

Thanks to MuftiMixandmatch for air travel forum link – didn’t realise it existed so will be having a look at that, and also thanks for the Alaska cruise link which is full of useful information.

We realise we are looking at things extremely early, but for such a special trip needed to have some idea of prices so we knew what we had to save. We now have a much clearer idea and can seriously start planning next year.

Thanks Frommy for your great slide slow, all I can say is WOW, can’t wait for this trip!! Yes. We are in UK, so will have a look at “Canadian Affair” for car hire. You have definitely sold me on the Alaska Cruise!

Thanks again.

Herts England
Level Contributor
186 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: My TripWOW photos for the Canadian Rockies

Thanks Frommy for the great slideshow. Just over 4 weeks now until we are in the Rockies this has really helped me visualise some of the places!