We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Derksen' Suite Jasper

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
20 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Derksen' Suite Jasper

Hi,

Maybe someone here had a personal experience in Derksen' Suite in Jasper?

It is government approved and the owner sounds amazing but there are no photos, not on bbcanada or visitjasper websites...

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Jasper
Jasper
Jasper National Park, Canada
6 replies to this topic
Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
19,994 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Derksen' Suite Jasper

You mean this place:

https://goo.gl/maps/8jRLZkmXzDE2

Perhaps DE krp would be familiar with it.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
20 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Derksen' Suite Jasper

Yes, this is the address.

And sorry, but how is DE krp? :)

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
19,994 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Derksen' Suite Jasper

Well I hope.

Destination Expert krp329 is a long term resident of Jasper, which is not a large town.

Edited: 9:17 am, June 12, 2018
Mentioned in this post
Jasper
Jasper
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
699 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Derksen' Suite Jasper

Destination Expert krp329. Lives in Jasper, I think, and is very knowledgeable about the area.

Mentioned in this post
Jasper
Jasper
Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
21,038 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Derksen' Suite Jasper

Jasper is indeed a small town and I do know the Derksens, but I have never seen their private home accommodation (PHA). They are long-time residents (40+ years) and really nice people, very family oriented .... most or all of their grown kids still live in Jasper, and they and the grandkids visit often. From what I hear, their PHA is seasonal ... they only operate for a short period in summer. I doubt that the "suite" is a full apartment with kitchen, because the zoning in that area is for single-family homes only, no secondary suites allowed. They are located near the western edge of Jasper - about a twenty minute walk to downtown (or less than five minutes' drive). There is access onto Pyramid Bench and the network of hiking trails there within a couple of minutes' walk from their house.

I don't think I have ever heard them mentioned here on the forums. But there are over 150 PHAs in Jasper, so that does not surprise me. If they have availability for the dates you are seeking and you are interested in staying there, I would email them and ask for further information and some photos.

Hope this helps, and do let me know if you have any further questions I might be able to help with.

Mentioned in this post
Jasper
Jasper
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
20 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Derksen' Suite Jasper

We decided to take something bigger but thank you for your offer to help! If all Jasper residents are that nice maybe will stay longer then 3 nights :)

Mentioned in this post
Jasper
Jasper
Reply to: Derksen' Suite Jasper
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;