We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private beach

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Topic
Private beach

Can someone request a beach that had areas that are completely private with no one around? We will have a fairly large family group. I know there are areas in the panhandle with secluded beach but we were hoping to go more south since it will be February. Thanks in advance!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Private beach

Sorry recommend not request lol!

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
1,277 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private beach

All Florida Beaches are public to the high water mark, so the best you can ask for is a uncrowded beach. Rent a beach front house on Captiva Island. Generally a sleepy, quiet locatuon.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,805 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private beach

Ft DeSoto Park. When I go there, no one else around.

I don't park in a main lot, but along the road.

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Private beach

Agree with rojamg, a private home on Captiva will give you the private beach you are searching for. Captiva is mostly residential and there are only two public beach accesses, one at the very beginning and one at the very end of the Island. You can rent a home along a wide stretch of beach where you won't see another person all week.

February is high season, so it will be pricy, but definitely worth the expense to be Gulf front on Captiva!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,805 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private beach

I have to say I agree, a house on captiva on the beach would be heaven.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Private beach

Thank you all!

7. Re: Private beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 07, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Southwest Gulf Coast