We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Route 100 - which are the most scenic stretches?

New York City
Level Contributor
212 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Route 100 - which are the most scenic stretches?

I'm looking into visiting VT and/or NH next week for the foliage (Oct. 13-16, and yes, I've found lodging with vacancies for these dates), and I keep reading that Route 100 is one of the most beautiful drives, but I see on the map that it runs the entire length of the state. Could somebody please advise me on which section(s) are the ones that are most beautiful this time of year, both in terms of the foliage and in terms of the quaint Vermont towns along the way? Thanks!

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,160 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Route 100 - which are the most scenic stretches?

My favorite section is between Warren and Stockbridge. Granville Gulf is gorgeous and the farms in the valley between Granville and Rochester are beautiful.

Chester, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Chester, Ludlow, Vermont
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Route 100 - which are the most scenic stretches?

I agree with vter - thats my favorite section of rt 100 too :-)

3. Re: Route 100 - which are the most scenic stretches?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, April 06, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Green Mountains