We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting White Mountains for the first time - 25 to 30 April

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Visiting White Mountains for the first time - 25 to 30 April

Hello,

My husband and I are visiting the White Mountains as part of our trip to the states. With the dates that I've mentioned, can you suggest which area in the White Mountains would be the best place to position ourselves? We will be driving up from Boston.

We do quite a bit of walking here in the UK and would like to get out on a few hikes. We would be prepared for the weather not to be brilliant but I still think the mountains would be great to see.

Not sure if everything is still shut in April as it's not the most touristy time of the year?

Open to suggestions and advice.

Thanks

Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
2,042 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting White Mountains for the first time - 25 to 30 April

A current discussion in the Nsw Hampshire Forum may be useful tp read. It is titled "First Time in New Hampshire." Take note of the weather discussion. The mountains are still beautiful and there is enough open to enjoy yourselves. But some attractions will be shut down. You could enjoy your days in The Whites, or you could spend a couple of your days in one of the other lovely regions of the state - Lake Winnipesaukee, Seacoast, Sunapee-Dartmouth, Monadnock. Your choice depending on your interests and activities. This is not a busy time in the state, so changing lodging decisions should not be too difficult.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting White Mountains for the first time - 25 to 30 April

Thanks that's really helpful. Will have loads more questions as our plans firm up.

3. Re: Visiting White Mountains for the first time - 25 to 30 April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 11, 2015