We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

folliage

Florida
Level Contributor
146 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
folliage

So I picked the last week of Sept for my folliage viewing.then southward/ My week starts 9/20 at Francomia Notch. What do you think?

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,814 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: folliage

Irene... Have read your post a couple of times and guess I'm still not clear on just what your question is....

Are you asking about your selection of late September?,,, where to go when you head south?.... whether or not 9/20 is a good starting date?,,, whether Franconia Notch is a good starting point?.,,, Happy to help, but not sure what you're asking about....

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,123 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: folliage

I advise my clients to ask my opinion prior to making a decision because my opinion doesn't matter after.

Jackson, New...
Level Contributor
391 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: folliage

You should have good color by September 20th, the trick to leaf peeping is "driving." The leafs in Carter Notch above Jackson might be beautiful while 15 minutes away in North Conway only nice. Plan daily drives up into the notches and you will not be disapointed. FYI if you arrive and the leafs just haven't changed, head up route 16 north of Jackson for 1.5 Hours this is the 13 mile wood and moose alley always the first to get color along the Magalloway River.

Florida
Level Contributor
146 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: folliage

I was looking to see what the current outlook was for that area. I know current weather effects color and each year is different. Thanks for the rt 16 north of Jackson hint

Jackson, New...
Level Contributor
391 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: folliage

We have a little color today. Leafs are just starting to turn. Next week-end will be fine. Just remember to ask for recommendations from locals. They will know which valleys will be in best color.

Florida
Level Contributor
146 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: folliage

I am just so excited for my leaf peeping trip. I am originally from Mass. and now live in Florida so I miss the colors. I leave in 10 day. Please keep me posted on the colros around Kangamangus.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
32 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: folliage

You must be all set for your Folliage Trip. Wish you Good luck and expect that you will keep posting and update us for the best location in the area. Me and my wife will be visiting white mountain region ( Lincoln, Conway , Bethel) in the first week of October. Your updates will help us finding best spots. Thanks in advance.

8. Re: folliage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 26, 2014