We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help finding a place to stay

Boston
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need help finding a place to stay

My husband has been staying in the White Mountains (Glen mostly) since he was a kid. When we met 10 years ago he took me for the first time. We have stayed all over the place at B&Bs, Hotels, and rented houses. Last year we had a baby, and so we decided renting a house was the way to go. The house we rented was in North Conway, and was perfectly nice. However this time around we really want to be walking distance to town center. It would just make things so much easier. I also think it may be easier if we stay at a condo rental type place or even hotel that has a family suite available so we wouldn't have to bring all of our linens. We will have a second baby this time around next year, and we also have a dog. Does such a place exist? We have stayed at Stonehurst which was lovely, and dog friendly....but it isn't close enough to town for me. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
White Mountains
White Mountains
New Hampshire
North Conway
North Conway
Conway, NH
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,257 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help finding a place to stay

Can't really think of any in the quaint area of NC other than ESI. The Residence Inn is by the outlets.

Maybe Eagle Mountain in Jackson which is walking distance to the main square but not sure if that is what you are looking for.

There was a recent post that some rentals do not provide linens which you may want to research.

If you don't stay in NC, have you looked at Christmas Mountain which is a community of 4 unit townhomes about a mile up the street from storyland and before Jackson. We love it there because you are above rt 16 so don't see or hear cars and have wonderful unobstructed views of MW. You can find units for rent on VRBO.

Mentioned in this post
Jackson
Jackson
White Mountains, NH
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
63,821 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help finding a place to stay

ESI is what came to mind for me, but unless your dog is a Service Animal, you might run into problems there. I suggest that you contact a Realtor.

Jackson, New...
Level Contributor
527 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help finding a place to stay

RedRox, I got this, I'm a Realtor. First Contact http://www.topnotchrentals.com/ Kieth is my go to guy for vacation rentals. If there is a rental in town he has it.

If you want to be in walking distance to the center on North Conway (IE the Old Train Station) Eastern Slope Inn "ESI" is the place to call.

Mentioned in this post
North Conway
North Conway
Conway, NH
Eastern Slope Inn
Eastern Slope Inn
599 Reviews
North Conway, NH
Boston
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help finding a place to stay

Thanks so much! I did send a note to Blue Moose rentals or something like that, and I haven't heard back from them.

Our dog isn't a service animal. Ha ha ha ha. He is a big, loving German Shepherd. I would hate to board him for a week as we would miss him AND he just loves all the hiking there.

I saw that there were some newer condos built over by Kearsage Brook, but the only one I could find as a rental said pets were not allowed. That area would be my ideal place to stay.

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,929 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help finding a place to stay

Eastern Slope Inn (timeshare division) has been talking internally about making some of their free-standing condo units (think small free-standing or duplex unit on the grounds of the main Inn) pet-friendly. This would be not just for the timeshare owners, but for folks off-the-street who wanted to rent timeshare owners not being used by their owners for specific times. Not sure if they've implemented the new policy yet, but might be worth a phone call to ask.

If they're going to be using the units I think they will, you'd be a very short walk from the main Inn and its ammenities (pool, great Flatbread Restaurant, etc) and close enough to easily walk to everything in downtown North Conway. I'd just call the Inn and choose the phone option for the Front Desk..... if they're not the right folks to talk to, they'll know who is.

Mentioned in this post
Eastern Slope Inn
Eastern Slope Inn
599 Reviews
North Conway, NH
North Conway
North Conway
Conway, NH
Boston
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help finding a place to stay

Thanks! I sent them an email yesterday, but I haven't heard back from them. I will give them a call tomorrow.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
25,131 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help finding a place to stay

If you cannot find pet friendly lodging consider boarding your dog at Karla's Pet Resort. Lots if play time and you can take him out for the day.

Also look at Cranmore Mountain Lodge. They have a few dog friendly suites available. I stayed there in the Babe Ruth room (no kids or pets allowed in that room). The inn keepers were very gracious, the rooms clean and the breakfast delicious.

It is a bit of a walk to town but certainly doable

Edited: 11:54 am, June 24, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Cranmore Mountain Lodge Bed and Breakfast
Cranmore Mountain Lodge...
306 Reviews
North Conway, NH
8. Re: Need help finding a place to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 26, 2014