We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiking with a baby stroller!

Hartford,CT
Level Contributor
58 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Hiking with a baby stroller!

Been to the white mountains previously..this time will be arriving in August, staying in Intervale and will have 6 month old. Can you please provide some of the hiking trails that a stoller could go down?

Much thanks in advance.

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiking with a baby stroller!

The Discovery Trail may be of interest to you;

…usda.gov/Internet/…stelprdb5262259.pdf

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,055 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiking with a baby stroller!

Diana's Bath. I think lost pond in Pinkham Notch. even if no stroller, the trail would allow you to carry the child. You could call the Pinkham Notch visitors center. I would think they could give you the best info on this. www.outdoors.org/recreation/family/index.cfm

NH
Level Contributor
455 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hiking with a baby stroller!

Diana's Baths is easy.

Do you have a carrier? Something soft-structured like an Ergo, Oh Snap, or mei tai works great. Don't get an Evenflo or Baby Bjorn...they are bad for hips and spine.

Warwick,RI
Level Contributor
111 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hiking with a baby stroller!

Pick up a Deuter Kid Comfort carrier, or a Kelty and you can and will use it for years.

Warwick,RI
Level Contributor
111 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hiking with a baby stroller!

Pick up a Deuter Kid Comfort carrier, or a Kelty and you can and will use it for years.

Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
1,971 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hiking with a baby stroller!

The Flume Gorge, in Franconia Notch, is a nice hike that you can do. There is the short part of the hike to the Gorge and waterfalls. Then there is a two mile loop that is very walkable with a baby carrier, as has been suggested. And, I think a large weheeled stroller would do well, too.

ALso in Franconia Notch, the Basin is a short walk/hike, but nice with a little one.

You could also take the Tram to the top of Cannon Mountain. Not a good stroller walk up there, but definitely doable little hike with a baby carrier to the fire tower. Great views.

If you plan on doing hiking or even walking in places that are inhospitable to a stroller, you would do well to consider a backpack baby carrier. We used ours for years. One of the best baby items we owned.

Warwick,RI
Level Contributor
111 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hiking with a baby stroller!

A good backpack carrier isn`t cheap, but they are worth it. I bought ours when my son was 6 months old, I hiked many times in NH doing a few small mountains with him on my back. It`s some of the best memories I have of being with him as a baby and toddler. I carried him up trails until he was 4 and my legs could`t take the weight any more. :-( I sold the Kid Comfort 3 for 60% of what I paid for it after 4 years of use on Ebay to somebody in Oregon.

8. Re: Hiking with a baby stroller!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, July 09, 2013