We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to stay

Connecticut
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Places to stay

My husband and I want to take our 3 year to New Hampshire. Ideally I would like to go to both Santa's Village and Story Land plus do a little hiking. I'm not sure if we should find accommodations in a central location or stay a night or two near one park and then pack up and stay near the other. Any recommendations are truly appreciated!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,899 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to stay

Base yourselves in the Mt Washington Valley and do day trips. North Conway is the largest and most convenient locale IMO.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,069 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to stay

It is about an hour from Storyland to Santa's Village.

You certainly don't need to stay in 2 places if you do not want.

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i20158-Restaura…

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i19621-Circling…

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,667 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to stay

Wpuld agree with the North Conway recommendation -- you're about fifteen minutes from Storyland and an hour and a quarter from Santa's Village. No sense packing up and moving if you don't have to...

Depending on your three-year-old's interests, North Conway also has steam-operated locomotives on the Conway Scenic Railroad (can Google them for more info), might enjoy either watching them come into and out of the station or even take a ride...

For an easy hike with the youngster along, ask for directions to Diana's Baths....six-tenths of a mile from parking lot to "the baths" where a brook curls through natural pools and the site of an old mill, now long-gone. Wide, easy path even carrying a youngster, or helping them walk it themselves. Destination is cool and relaxing on a hot day...

Ask for specific directions at your hotel....not that hard to find once someone tells you how.

Pomfret, Connecticut
Level Contributor
65 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to stay

We have visited this area every year for many years. We personally do not like staying in North Conway...much too busy. Our favorite place to stay is Jackson. It is so quaint and more convenient to Storyland and closer to the AMC and Santa's Village (our favorite!). Check out the Eagle Mountain House or Nordic Village.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,069 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to stay

No right/wrong answer. NC allows you to walk around town without getting into a car if you don't want. Jackson/Glen/Bartlett (never sure where one ends and the other starts) are more rural so you want to make sure that there are amenities like pool, area to walk around etc for your daughter and you will be driving everywhere. Not trying to dissuade you from staying outside NC cause that is what I do when I visit, just making sure you understand the options.

6. Re: Places to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 27, 2010