We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning trip from Charleston to Cumberland Island

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Planning trip from Charleston to Cumberland Island

My husband and I are planning a trip along the GA/SC coast in early October (First time visitors) We want to spend about 6 nights. I'm thinking 2 in Charleston, one in Savannah, 2 at Greyfield Inn on Cumberland Island...and one undecided- maybe Beaufort or a coastal town. I'm trying to stay away from large resorts, would like a more local, community feel. Would like a nice experience, but don't want to break the bank. (2 kids in college- empty nest getaway) Would like a combination or biking, walking, historic architecture, tours, beach, kayaking, Mix of fine and dive restaurants. Any suggestions about "not to miss" experiences would be appreciated. Thx!

J & L Kayaks, LLC Kayak Tours and Rentals
Boat Tours, Eco Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Stand-Up Paddleboarding, Kayaking & Canoeing
Coastal Expeditions
Kayaking & Canoeing, Stand-Up Paddleboarding, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Kokopelli Surf Lessons Paddleboard Kayak Tours & Rentals
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing, Boat Tours, Water Sports, Stand-Up Paddleboarding, Kayaking & Canoeing
Gator Bait Adventure Tours
Boat Tours, Eco Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing
1. Re: Planning trip from Charleston to Cumberland Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 10, 2014
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor