We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not too fancy. Where to stay?

Frenchtown, NJ
Level Contributor
288 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Not too fancy. Where to stay?

I thought I was going to get away sooner, but now I am definitely getting a 3 day getaway Oct. 15- 17. I have never stayed in the Berkshires, and I think that a kind of new relationship needs a new venue. Hiking, outdoors, good eats and drinks, lively, fun not too young or old, not too confined but not the mainstream type. Help! Seems like my choices are too small and fancy or too run of the mill or outdated motel. I don't mind spending $100 or so for a nice room and maybe some vittles but don't want a shared bathroom or somebody right next door with old, paper-thin walls and creaky bedsprings.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,103 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Not too fancy. Where to stay?

If you check booking.com you will find a number of places in the Berkshires in your price range. Some of them look like the creaky floor outdated motel type, but there are a few that look nice and with good reviews.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
20,859 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Not too fancy. Where to stay?

$100 is a low budget for peak Autumn travel season. I think you'll need to increase your budget, or just have fun "roughing it" with a more very rustic place, or old-school motel.

3. Re: Not too fancy. Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 am, December 15, 2013