We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jacob's Pillow advice

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
20 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Jacob's Pillow advice

I'm trying to book one night's stay for me and my mom on a Saturday evening this summer (most like July or August) - we're doing a mother daughter trip sometime this summer (weekend still TBD) for a Jacob's Pillow performance. I'm willing to pay around $400 a night for the room, but I'm having a hard time finding a place that doesn't have a two night minimum and is still somewhat special (not your average hotel). Also, I'm not a huge fan of the B&B scene which in this area also causes a problem. Any recommendations? Or any hotels between the Berkshires and Hartford, CT that someone would recommend? That's where we'll be going back to and I'd be willing to consider a hotel on the way "home" if it's cheaper and offers more.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,212 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jacob's Pillow advice

Hi, it is unlikely that you will find anyplace in the Berkshires that doesn't have at least a 2-night minimum on the weekend. There aren't any really special hotels along the Mass Pike & 91 towards Hartford, just the usual chains. There is a Marriott & a Sheraton in downtown Springfield, both right off the 91. You might also consider the Hotel Northampton which is lovely, but it would be back roads to Becket & returning on them at night might be a pain.

This place is brand new & looks awesome - not sure if they have the 2-night min. It is about 50 minutes drive from Becket to New Marlborough

http://www.mepalspa.com/

Edited: 11:54 pm, March 07, 2011
Saint Marys, Ohio
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Jacob's Pillow advice

I used to live in the Berkshires. There are actually very nice B&Bs in Lee, MA. It is about a 10 minute drive up to Jacob's Pillow. Northampton is nice but it is a trek from there to Jacob's Pillow. Kendrick is right about the minimum stay requirement. It is a tourist destination that depend on those dollars.

Hartford...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Jacob's Pillow advice

Hello! The drive from Northampton to Becket is going to be about 45 mins but you can travel some beautiful country side when taking the back route through the towns of town of Huntington & Cheshire via Rt 112 and Rt 66. It is worth the drive! I drive from CT and it takes me 50 mins through the scenic towns of South Berkshire to get to the Pillow and I have never regretted it!

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
2,112 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jacob's Pillow advice

The above is very good advice. The trip is scenic, Northampton offers quite a lot in addition to nice hotels, and you can hop on I-91 right in Northampton for the trip back to Hartford. One minor correction, the town you pass through is Chester, not Cheshire. Also, if you do go this route, do not exceed the posted speed limit by much in either Huntington or Chester as the local cops are quite active in giving out speeding tickets on route 20.

5. Re: Jacob's Pillow advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 pm, October 20, 2012