We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday in Laganas late September.. info??

cork
Level Contributor
109 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday in Laganas late September.. info??

So my mate and i are staying in laganas for a week in late september. We were fairly restricted in what we could book - flight and money wise. I need to relax and my mate like to have to craic.

I have read that Laganas can be very loud? But what about in Late September? I do not mind late nights out but I would like to be able to go back to our apartment and sleep.

And what about the food? I would like to have some nice authentic greek cuisine - can this not be got in laganas? And if not, how much are taxis at night? LIke to Argassi or Kalamaki? (I assume we can get some nice food there?)

And is there a decent spa on the island? I would like to have som massages if poss.

Any advice for someone on a 1st time package holiday - someone who needs to relax and avail of the perks of a package holiday rather than do all the planning and driving and general running around??

We are staying in Ilios Aparthotel by the way...

swindon,england
Level Contributor
3,381 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday in Laganas late September.. info??

There are some nice tavernas along the beach which serve good Greek cuisine,walk to the bottom of the strip and take a left along the beach,theres a fair few to choose from so just take a wee wander along there during the day when theres no touts trying to get you in there and see what takes your fancy.

As for what it's like in Laganas at the end of september,im no sure,but i would imagine it will be fairly low key and starting to wind down a wee bit but still lively enough.

As for spa's and that,i have read on here that maybe Kalamaki would be the place to look,i think quite a few of the higher rated hotels there offer this sort of thing.Which is just down the road from where your staying.

Regards,Garry.

cork
Level Contributor
109 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday in Laganas late September.. info??

hi garry thanks for the reply.

i did read something too about a spa in Kalamaki - anyone?

also, i do like good food and nice dining - and i would not mind having to travel to somewhere in the eve for a nice greek meal if needed - but if there is similar to choose from in Laganas, fair enough.

Southampton, United...
Destination Expert
for Southampton, Kalamaki, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,130 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday in Laganas late September.. info??

This one is in kalamaki

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g659629-…

http://www.reiki-waves.com/

cork
Level Contributor
109 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday in Laganas late September.. info??

wow thanks for that and the reviews are all really good and the treatments are way cheaper than what we pay here in ireland. i will check the place out before making a major booking though..

cork
Level Contributor
109 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday in Laganas late September.. info??

so can anyone recommend any specific restaurants which I should visit in Zakynthos while I am there? in laganas or near by?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
119 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday in Laganas late September.. info??

i would like to know this too please , somewhere in laganas we can get authentic greek food.. iv heard mabye mabye akropolis (spelling?) is decent? thanks x

Douglas, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday in Laganas late September.. info??

Hi Im there too end of september really just to relax as had a bad year, ok I know we all have. If you see a lonely man on his own say hello.

Derek

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday in Laganas late September.. info??

jess

you can visit Harbour House - this is at the bottom of the laganas strip turn right and a 10 minute stroll round the beach towards the harbour ( before cameo island ) or Ole Ole which is round the corner in Agios Sostis ( taxi ride if yer legs fail ) have a look at the aparments and studios on the beach after denise beach hotel : they are on www.sunshinezante.com and seem perfect for what you and your mate want

9. Re: Holiday in Laganas late September.. info??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Laganas
Recent Conversations
More Laganas Topics