We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laganas - any gyms there?

Which Laganas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Drogheda
4 posts
Save Topic
Laganas - any gyms there?

Hi, I am going to Laganas at the end of July for 2 weeks. Is there any gym there that is not in a hotel and is open to the public? The hotel I stay in probably won't have gym. Thanks!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laganas - any gyms there?

Do I take it you have not been to Laganas before then?

I doubt a gym there would be popular as the average tourist there is either drinking or recovering from drinking, for many a walk to the sunbed is about all they can manage.

I believe there may be a facility in Kalamaki which is just a couple of miles from Laganas.

Bristol UK
Level Contributor
112 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Laganas - any gyms there?

Now I am basing my answer on when I worked out there so it may no longer be true but there was a gym which had a five a side football court attached to it. Up towards the end of the strip, take a left at the go kart track and follow the road round....

Can't remember it's name but it's where we used to all go as workers, has a tiny pool, cafe and football place. Used to be a good place to hang out! Ask the workers, they will know of it.

South Shields
Level Contributor
679 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Laganas - any gyms there?

There is a decent gym at hotel christina which I am sure you would be able to use.

Take a the 1st right after the KFC on the strip and follow that road to the bottom then take a right and the hotel is on the left hand side, nice and secluded.

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Laganas - any gyms there?

I don't wish to sound out of order or anything but, why would you want to work out while you're on holiday? Especially in 30 degrees of heat (granted that a gym would most likely be air-conditioned).

scotland
Level Contributor
143 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Laganas - any gyms there?

im also out in zante at the end of july and was wondering the same thing,im sure i saw a gym in kalamaki when i was last there,but answering the last post,not everybody going on holiday wants to lie about all day on a sun lounger,or sit in some bar,this is what i like to do but i would also like to find a gym i could use first thing in a morning just to keep my fitness levels up,and yes i would imagine air conditioning would b on offer.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Laganas - any gyms there?

Yep colorblind86 is spot on. We're just back stayed at the Pallas and walked past that place every day. Think its called Rorys?

Walking away from main strip take a left after the Go karts and its just past Police station on left hand side.

athens
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Laganas - any gyms there?

Golden Gym Laganas... Right in the heart of the main street infront of Majestic Hotel, first floor over Fishbowl

700 sq.m. of Technogym !

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
16 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Laganas - any gyms there?

Is there a charge per use at the Golden Gym? I am interested as well. I don't believe that my hotel will have anything other than cardio machines. Thanks in advance!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Laganas - any gyms there?

Noticed there was a gym there (May 2013) it's located towards the top of the strip by the Fishbowl bar.

10. Re: Laganas - any gyms there?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, June 27, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Laganas
Recent Conversations
More Laganas Topics