We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife for older youngsters...

Essex
Level Contributor
51 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Nightlife for older youngsters...

Hiya - coming over to Laganas next week for 2 weeks, can't wait. Any tips on great places to go for over 40s who still like a bit of music and a boogie?! Especially live music. Or is it a case of walk about and see what you find? Cheers, Louise

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,026 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightlife for older youngsters...

You will probably find the strip itself a bit young, but there are a few bars that attract older customners, you may also get live music along some of the beach bars in the evening, the Fishery for example.

If you head up to the top of the strip and turn right onto the Kalamaki foad you will notice that despite being only a few hundred yards from the Strip the whole "Vibe" changes, you will still see lots of youngsters but they are likely to be walking to the strip. In this area are various bars and you will get live music at Amigos which is on the right as you walk down the road (away from the strip)

If you want to be in the strip itself then upstairs in Rescue club offers outside seating or inside balcony overlooking the dancefloor. Opposit Rescue club is an Irish bar, this is upstairs and tends to be a bit quieter and you can sit outside and overlook the mahem on the strip below.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Argassi, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,728 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nightlife for older youngsters...

If you're going over next week there shouldn't be much mayhem, the 18/30 scene doesn't really kick off until July & August & there'll be mostly older ( i.e. not teenagers)people there. It'll still be pretty quiet there this early in the season.

Milton Keynes...
Destination Expert
for Argassi
Level Contributor
5,343 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nightlife for older youngsters...

It wont be quiet Les as im gonna be giving it large in Lags.Fancy joining me for some house,trance,garage and techno Les.Ya know ya wanna blow ya withles with the withlers and gyrate those hips. ;0)

Essex
Level Contributor
51 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nightlife for older youngsters...

Thanks everyone, very helpful. Will look forward to finding some interesting places on the Kalamaki road and maybe even an hour (or two, not more!) with a bit of house and whistles! Much more prefer a bit of 80s disco myself... !

Yorkshire, New York
Level Contributor
215 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nightlife for older youngsters...

Hi there Lulu66,

My auntie (50) and I (35) are also wondering about Laganas nightlife for us older youngsters... We are staying at the Agrilia hotel in july. I know this is nearer to Laganas than Kalamaki and don't know what to expect. (I went to Kalamaki in 09 and loved it - we will taxi there a few nights probably... need to to try Kev Oceanic's new cocktails!).

When you're back - if you don't mind, please could you post something about where you went in Laganas? Nowt worse than wandering round busy clubs and bars full of drunken kids looking for somewhere decent! Like yourself, I like live music and 80's disco :)

Many many thanks - happy holidays!!!

Essex
Level Contributor
51 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nightlife for older youngsters...

Hi there - we had a great time! Definitely many many bars and clubs full of youngsters, not too bad at this time of the year but can imagine July will be mad!

We spent most of our evenings in the Rock bar on the left hand side (looking up the strip from the beach), the Pink Panther karaoke bar (I do love a good sing song, go in, have a go and say hi to Jesse for me), the Amigos bar on the Kalamaki road (thanks Barry for that tip), which was a fab place, lovely people and good music. The only 'kid's place we went into was Zero's which did occasionally play something other than trance dance and had some nice touts too.

Hope you have fun and find lots of good things to do, maybe in July more bars will be trying harder!

Yorkshire, New York
Level Contributor
215 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nightlife for older youngsters...

Hey Lulu66,

Glad you had a good holiday - thank you so so much for the info, I will note it all down to take with me! My hol is 8 long weeks away but I am excited and looking forward to being back in Zakynthos :)

Best wishes * Katherine

8. Re: Nightlife for older youngsters...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, June 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Laganas
Recent Conversations
More Laganas Topics