We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

busy in early to Mid June?

dublin, ireland
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
busy in early to Mid June?

Hi all,

Just a quick one please if I may? I've been to Kamari twice before, usually off peak season as Im not mad on crowds..I've just booked my 3rd trip for 4-12th June - I thought i had gone early June last year but turns out it was towards the end of May when it was obviously quieter.

From looking at pictures online of bars/restaurants I frequent for mid June, they seem very packed! Does 2 weeks later really make that much of a difference? Will it be extremely busy??

I have friends there but do spend some time alone on a daily basis as naturally they have stuff to be doing and Im kinda shy/self conscious about sunbathing, eating/drinking alone when places are packed...

any advice appreciated, thanks :)

halpint

Mentioned in this post
Kamari
Kamari
Santorini, Greece
Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
6,422 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: busy in early to Mid June?

Don't worry, I usually go the first 2 weeks of June and I love it.

The main summer hordes haven't invaded by then so although you may find it busier than May, I think you'll still find it peaceful enough.

I once made the mistake of going last week in May/first in June and hit half-term - it was awful, so now I wait until the week after half-term and it's all quiet again.

dublin, ireland
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: busy in early to Mid June?

Great, thank you so much! i just really dont want to be standing out like a sore thumb alone in a packed restaurant and being alone in a packed bar waiting for friends to finish playing live is just as bad lol!

Thanks for putting my mind at ease, much appreciated. :)

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
15,508 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: busy in early to Mid June?

Halfpint,

Please don't let travelling alone deprive you of eating/drinking/sunbathing, etc.

I've been to Santorini solo on a number of occasions and I won't let being there on my own get in the way of seeing the places I want to see or eat where I want to. My money is as good as anyone else's and, anyway, I've always found the bar & restaurant owners to be very welcoming.

Since you're in Kamari, you could always take yourself off to the open air cinema (movies start at 21.30). A climb up to Ancient Thera with a water taxi back from Perissa, or various other choices.

Enjoy yourself - I know you will.

Mentioned in this post
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Kamari
Kamari
Santorini, Greece
Ancient Thera
Ancient Thera
1,881 Reviews
Santorini, Greece
Perissa
Perissa
Santorini, Greece
dublin, ireland
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: busy in early to Mid June?

Hi Kennydon,

thank you for your message, I am a little more relaxed about it now lol.. I just love Santorini and dont want to end up not enjoying it as much as I normally would just because it is a little busier, im sure it will be fine and i'll definitely look into the outdoor cinema so thank you for that!

Mentioned in this post
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Littleborough...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: busy in early to Mid June?

We are going to Kamari in mid June for 11 days we will also be attending a wedding of one of friends

I am trying to find out the cost of drinks and food on the Kamari strip as we intend to treat this trip as a holiday of a lifetime

We have also been fortunate to book Half Board accommodation at Enjoy Villas and whilst it would appear that it would be a good place to stay we love meeting different people and intend to try out the various bars etc on the strip near to Enjoy Villas

Any advice on places and prices etc would be most welcome

Cheers

Mentioned in this post
Kamari
Kamari
Santorini, Greece
Enjoy Villas
Enjoy Villas
156 Reviews
Santorini, Greece
Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
6,422 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: busy in early to Mid June?

As far as places go, have a trawl through the forum as this has been discussed loads of times and you'll find lots of recommendations.

Going on last year's prices in Perissa, on the other side of the mountain from Kamari, you can expect to pay €2.5 to €3 for a large beer, cocktails about €3 in some places, €5 for spirits.

For a standard tavern dinner for two people, you should be able to get starters, mains and house wine for €20 to €25. You might pay a bit more on the beach road, but prices are displayed outside so just have a wander about, ask other guests at the hotel etc.

If you head over to the caldera side of the island - Fira, Oia etc., you can expect to pay more for just about everything as the views of the caldera are factored into the price.

Mentioned in this post
Perissa
Perissa
Santorini, Greece
Kamari
Kamari
Santorini, Greece
Fira
Fira
Santorini, Greece
Oia
Oia
Santorini, Greece
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: busy in early to Mid June?

Hi big snitch

Thanks for info looking forward to trip but may look of the strip for local bars and eateries as I understand they may be cheaper will report back

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
6,422 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: busy in early to Mid June?

Not sure what you mean by "the strip", unless it's the main beach front road in Kamari, where I think the bulk of restaurants and bars are situated, but what I gave in my previous reply is the sorts of prices you can expect to pay there based on my experience of Perissa which is very similar to Kamari.

You may get (slightly) cheaper away from the beach front bars and restaurants but not much.

Mentioned in this post
Kamari
Kamari
Santorini, Greece
Perissa
Perissa
Santorini, Greece
9. Re: busy in early to Mid June?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, May 03, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Kamari