We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kamari; day trips; getting around...

Liverpool, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Kamari; day trips; getting around...

Hi All,

My other half and I have just booked a week at the Aegean View Hotel in Kamari for late May next year.

We're not too concerned about partying, we're more in the market for a relaxing/ beautiful views type of holiday. We chose Kamari because it sounded quiet and pretty! We just want good restaurants and little bars for the evenings, nothing crazy...

I know there's the ruins, outdoor cinema and the water taxi that takes you to Perissa from Kamari; but I would like the chance to see both Fira and Oia in the day time and I was wondering if anyone knew how good/regular public transport is from Kamari to the other towns? We're not renting a car so will need to rely and buses or taxis...

Thanks in advance!

Santorini, Greece
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kamari; day trips; getting around...

There will be quite many busses running from Kamari to Fira daytime in late May . To go to Oia, you must change at the bus station in Fira (where the bus from Kamari stops, anyway)

Ingela

Liverpool, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kamari; day trips; getting around...

Thanks Ingela- that sounds great!

Do you know how long it tends to take to get from Kamari to Fira on the bus?

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,251 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kamari; day trips; getting around...

The timetable says 15 minutes, but I'd allow 20-30 for getting to the bus stop in time to get a seat and waiting for it to pull out, etc.

www.ktel-santorini.gr

Click on Services and then Timetable. It changes with the seasons and there are more buses in Summer and less in Winter.

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
6,064 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kamari; day trips; getting around...

Also, don't take the actual time it states on the timetable as gospel, allow 5/10 minutes either way, although it's more likely to be late than early.

Martin

Liverpool, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Kamari; day trips; getting around...

Excellent- thanks so much everyone!

I've had a look at the bus timetables and it looks like the buses are fairly regular from Kamari. It's great that you can still get around on public transport on a reasonably small island.

I'm so excited to explore this beautiful place!

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,550 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kamari; day trips; getting around...

The bus service on Santorini is excellent IMHO, we used the buses several times when we were there in June. Fira bus station can be a bit chaotic as it's not very big but there's always somebody to ask if you're not sure which bus to catch.

7. Re: Kamari; day trips; getting around...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, August 09, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Kamari
Recent Conversations