We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquitoes!

Oxford, England
Level Contributor
22 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Mosquitoes!

Coming on Monday to Kamari, will there be a problem with mossies please?

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Ljubljana
Level Contributor
2,338 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mosquitoes!

No, due to the lack of water and high winds mosquitoes have never been a problem on Santorini.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,172 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mosquitoes!

It's a possibility. Although it's early in the year no one can say for sure.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,243 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mosquitoes!

About the only time I seem to be bothered by flying no-seem 'ems on Santorini is whilst at the Open Air Cinema outside Kamari. That'll teach me to wear open-toed sandals.

London
Level Contributor
437 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mosquitoes!

Same as anywhere else, pot like in my experience. There is only one preventative motion - eat a spoonful of marmite every day.

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Tallinn, Finland, Helsinki
Level Contributor
8,030 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mosquitoes!

I'm allergic to mozzy bites so I'm a living detector. I've only had a problem with these vermin on Santorini on evenings out away from the shore - the sea breezes keep them away. Stick to shore restaurants and you'll be fine.

Alternatively, you COULD use repellent. It's available just about everywhere on Santorini, and for good reasons.

Level Contributor
128 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mosquitoes!

Been several times and never once seen a mosquitoe and I normal get eaten alive when I go any where else even with every anti mosquitoe aid on the market hope you have a lovely time.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,172 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mosquitoes!

Believe me, they do exist on Santorini.

8. Re: Mosquitoes!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 22, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Kamari