We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel money/ debit cards

Roch, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
49 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Travel money/ debit cards

Can anyone who has recently visited Kamari tell me if there is any problems paying for meals in the tavernas with pre loaded debit cards, such as tomson, thomas cook etc. I'm getting mixed info regarding the use of them in Greece. Thanks for any info once again.

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
6,224 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Travel money/ debit cards

<< Greek-traveller, it was written on T.A. that the A.T.M.'s sometimes run out & are not replenished as quickly as back home. >>

That may well have been me lol, as I said in my posts above, that's been my experiences in previous years, although, as I say, things seem to be improving.

I don't think you'll have any problems Ian.

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Travel money/ debit cards

Cash is king in Kamari - we took a bunch of travelers cheques last year and ended up travelling to the other side of the island to cash them in. Dont be discouraged though, the crime rate is virtually non-existant over there so dont worry about taking cash.

Bagshot, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Travel money/ debit cards

We took cash to be on the safe side.

14. Re: Travel money/ debit cards

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:45 pm, June 27, 2013