We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can anyone please recommend a hotel in Kamari?

Preston Lancs
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Can anyone please recommend a hotel in Kamari?

I am on the island for 2 weeks during July/Aug and the 2nd week I will be meeting up with my wife and 8 yr old son.

So, please could anyone advise on a good sized hotel with a pool that would be suitable for a family?

I fing it hard to determine on the reviews which would be family (busy 8yr old) friendly.

Many thanks in advance.

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
411 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Can anyone please recommend a hotel in Kamari?

Also just to add... The Seaside Beach Hotel is located at the quieter end of Kamari Beach so id say its more child friendly etc.

Ask for Manos if you email them

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
55 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Can anyone please recommend a hotel in Kamari?

Yes! Sea Side!! We just got back from a 3 week trip to Greece/Turkey and I think Sea Side was my favorite hotel!! Manos and family are so acommodating and friendly. The hotel is so picturesque (white washed, blue trim, flowering trees) and right on the beach. HIGHLY recommended!

Bamberg, Germany
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Can anyone please recommend a hotel in Kamari?

I highly recommend the Acqua Vatos Hotel in Kamari....outstanding service and great, recently remodeled rooms. Very clean pool and a nice pool-side bar.

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
6,064 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Can anyone please recommend a hotel in Kamari?

<< It's just the impression I got from mooching around on various reviews that it seems Santorini is frequented by couples rather than families >>

While it's true that Santorini doesn't have a great number of facilities for kids (forget the Spanish style kids club thing where you can just dump the little cherubs after breakfast while you get on with the serious business of relaxing), both Kamari and Perissa are more targetted at the UK package market, and in July and August, the number of kids on the island will increase.

It's mainly the more up-market places, Oia and Fira, that sometimes frown on kids, but that's mainly to keep their romantic honeymoon ambience going more than anything - if you're paying top whack for a a mega star hotel, you don't want to be hassled with other peoples kids running around the place.

Go with one of the excellent suggestions here, you won't go far wrong, all these guys know Kamari really well.

Martin

Preston Lancs
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Can anyone please recommend a hotel in Kamari?

Thanks again for all the replies, this forum is a great help and it's all down to those that reply. So hats off to you all.

We have settled on the Seaside Beach Hotel and booked a small room at the rear of the hotel next to the pool. Seem like really nice folk and we all can't wait now.

Regards.

Greece
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Can anyone please recommend a hotel in Kamari?

u can check Antinea Suites & spa hotel or in case u need a cheaper alternative u can try Roussos Beach on the beach promenade.

Oia
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Can anyone please recommend a hotel in Kamari?

We recommend a new build hotel in Kamari, which is near promenade.

It's La Mer.

santorini360hotels.com/hotels/kamari/la-mer-…

18. Re: Can anyone please recommend a hotel in Kamari?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 am, October 06, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Kamari
Recent Conversations