We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NO NAME restaurant .. now i know why!!

chesterfield
Level Contributor
74 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
NO NAME restaurant .. now i know why!!

Well this restaurant is one i would say avoid as the man who runs it george is a total del trotter..... 45 of us went for a wedding and we went the first night and he seemed ok but as the week went on he really gets on your nerves like not giving you your change,charging you for bread and water that you havent asked for .. i only went in the first night and the last night as it was a big get together and the only place that could accommadate us all ....he even turned up at the wedding plugging his restaurant saying he would charge people 4 euros for breakfast then when a few went he charged 8 .. the food isnt good at all.. the waiters are all in scruffy clothes and smell of sweat.... entertainment i could have found better in my local... toilets are next to were the chef prepares the food ..... and the serving hatch for the chef as been blocked off so you cant see whats goin on.....BE PREPARED TO BE RIPPED OFF IF YOU GO IN .. its supposed to be number 2 place to eat personally i would rather eat nothing than give this clown any euros

Norfolk
Level Contributor
517 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: NO NAME restaurant .. now i know why!!

Yes me too but so far TA are not responding. Oh well if it dosn't worry them why should we take the time to police the forum for them. We all know what No Name is really like; others will have to find out for themselves.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: NO NAME restaurant .. now i know why!!

I was going to try it anyway, thought about for a sec or two, then I said to myself why would you have to find out the hard way when everyone here warns you not to do so. I asked a few people, locals, about it and they also said don't waste your $$$!

Norfolk
Level Contributor
517 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: NO NAME restaurant .. now i know why!!

Clever bloke, there's more deserving places to spend your hard earned money; unfortunatly there are people who will go to Kamari for thier first time next year without reading these forums and, yes a hell of a lot will end up in No Name, some may like it but I bet there's a lot that come away feeling ripped-off, opening up this whole can of worms for next year's complaints.

34. Re: NO NAME restaurant .. now i know why!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:05 pm, February 02, 2011
Norfolk
Level Contributor
517 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: NO NAME restaurant .. now i know why!!

PLEASE, PLEASE if you want good food in Kamari do yourself a favor and stay away from No-Name; its crap.

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: NO NAME restaurant .. now i know why!!

We had our wedding reception at No Name in 2007 and it was perfect, lovely meal, cheap good food, dancing in the street, plate smashing. Just brill. The following year we returned for our wedding anniversary, all the staff had changed, the food was terrible, we were ripped off and the staff were rude and obnoxious. I felt really disappointed and let down. We are returning this year for our 4th wedding anniversary and will avoid No Name completely!!

Norfolk
Level Contributor
517 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: NO NAME restaurant .. now i know why!!

In 2007 it was run by Antiono and was a really good place. Like you we returned to find he had sold it to George and its gone downhill ever-since. Antiono runs the Hotel Tatika in Fira just up the road from Pelican Travel.

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: NO NAME restaurant .. now i know why!!

In 2007 I think George had one of the fish restaurants on the front and we took a dislike to him then. We were gutted when we saw him outside No Name in 2008. Antiono was really nice. When we return this year we might have a trip to Fira to see if he's around, although we now have twins and a double buggy and Fira might not be a good combination!!!!

Norfolk
Level Contributor
517 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: NO NAME restaurant .. now i know why!!

Twins in a double buggy would be impossible to get to the Tatiki, you have to attempt a steep flight of stairs just to get into the place. Nice hotel though!!

40. Re: NO NAME restaurant .. now i know why!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, October 05, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Kamari
Recent Conversations