We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kamari to Oia

Which Kamari hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lancashire
Level Contributor
66 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Kamari to Oia

I've just read that there are only 35 taxis on Santorini!!! Therefore I write to ask how long it taks to get from Kamari to Oia and given the limited number of taxis, how long and how much would a bus ride be to Oia?

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,475 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kamari to Oia

The bus takes about an hour with a changeover in Fira and will cost just under 3 euro.

http://www.ktel-santorini.gr/

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kamari to Oia

I would have the hotel book it if I were you. We did that and never had trouble having them show up exactly when and where they said they would. With a small exception of the last day, our taxi didn't arrive to pick us up for the airport but that was because they say they wrote the time down wrong. Otherwise, we never had a problem ordering a taxi or finding one when we went from Kamari into Fira. There is a taxi stand in town and we just walked to it and found numerous taxis waiting to take us home.

Also, after someone at your hotel books the taxi for you, if you decide to do that, be sure to ask them how much they think it should be and then confirm it with the taxi driver when you get in. If there are problems with the negotiated price (for everyone in the car, not individually), you can go back to your hotel and check with them before you leave.

Have fun!

3. Re: Kamari to Oia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, October 05, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Kamari
Recent Conversations