We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

laptop+dongle+wifi

Which Cala'n Bosch hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nottingham...
Level Contributor
97 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
laptop+dongle+wifi

hi we are going to a hotel in cala'n bosch in june,,...i am taking my lap top primarily as i've loaded lots of films for the grandkids to help them settle at night.......but i need help with a couple of issues regarding my dongle and the hotels wifi.....i am on a 3 contract dongle which i am bringing with me but am unsure wether it will stay connected to 3 once in menorca .....my laptop has got internet connections setting which if i press shows up all the wifi hotspots in my area........will i have to change my settings or inform 3 that i'm taking it ( myu dongle) abroad........or would my dongle automatically pick up the 3 signal allowing me to use the hotels wifi.....any help would be great .....thanks in advance

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: laptop+dongle+wifi

Sounds like it's all a bit new to you? You will NOT get THREE on Menorca, you will get a roaming partner. All roaming data (ie internet ) charges are very high while roaming unless you can get a special rate from three. Most people will use a SIM free dongle and buy a SPANISH sim ( Binipreu Supermarket 5m from Airport offer Vodafone Spain sims ) which will get you what you need for a lot less than standard roaming charges. Plus signals can be very poor, so you might have to use free WIFIs in many bars around CnB

PS you should switching off international roaming unless you know what you are doing otherwise you could get a very expensive , unexpected bill

Ravensthorpe...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: laptop+dongle+wifi

I too will shortly be travelling in the Argentine and requiring a wifi connection. I am told it becomes very expensive to use an Australian dongle overseas. Could someone please confirm or clarify this for me?

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
11,975 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: laptop+dongle+wifi

Ravaboutflowers - you have posted this question on a European forum - I doubt anyone here has ever tried using an Australian dongle overseas so I think you would have more luck posting on an Argentinian or general travel forum

4. Re: laptop+dongle+wifi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, February 11, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Cala'n Bosch
Recent Conversations