We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rocky beach?

Berkshire
Level Contributor
374 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Rocky beach?

Thinking of booking Barcello Thalasso and Spa much later in the year but can find no comments about what the beach is like - sandy/gritty/stony/rocky? Can anyone advise me please about this area in general.

Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
5,480 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rocky beach?

The beach at CDF is a nice,clean & large sandy beach. Much has been done in the area & it's looking much better than it did in previous years. The Barcelo is at the small harbour end & has a flat promenade that leads to the center of the resort & much further past the Sheraton.

Berkshire
Level Contributor
374 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rocky beach?

wonderful. Thank you. Did not expect a reply so soon. I have made notes.

Caleta de Fuste...
Destination Expert
for Caleta de Fuste, Fuerteventura
Level Contributor
7,761 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rocky beach?

It's a golden sand beach. Lots of photos in the Photo Gallery of www.caletafuerteventura.com

There are a lot of rocks in the sea at mid to low tide, but you have to remember it's a volcanic island.

A beach renovation scheme should start soon, an low tide rocks are being removed and more sand brought in.

To the south of the main beach there are man-made lagoons and sandy beaches in front of the Atlantico Center and Sheraton Hotels.

Berkshire
Level Contributor
374 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rocky beach?

Thank you. Having had several holidays spoilt by rocks in sea/cloudy water/huge waves, I want to be extra careful next time, hence the enquiries! I do understand this island is very windy, as are all the other Canaries, but if the beach is good, then I will put up with this.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
216 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rocky beach?

We're just back from this hotel, it's lovely, you won't be disappointed. As others have said the hotel faces a huge, sandy beach. The sea is lovely and clear and it's very shallow. There are sunbeds and parasols if you need them.

Berkshire
Level Contributor
374 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rocky beach?

Made up my mind now, I will book for next year. Are the sunloungers the hotel property or are they to be paid for, and is there a beach bar nearby for a glass or two whilst reading?

London, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rocky beach?

You'll have to pay for sun loungers and parasols on the beach I think about €14 for 2 beds and a brolly (from memory I may be wrong)

There's a small beach bar/hut on the sand in front of the hotel and various bars/cafes further along just up from the beach. The beach is lovely particularly in front of this hotel.

Berkshire
Level Contributor
374 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rocky beach?

I presume the beach bar is not part of the all inclusive deal. I will bring plenty of Euros to pay for the sunloungers

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
216 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rocky beach?

The beach bar isn't part of the all inclusive package, it's a nice little bar in the middle of the beach. Loads of sun loungers at the hotel, we never struggled to get one.

Berkshire
Level Contributor
374 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rocky beach?

Thanks. One more question please before I book, was the sea very rough and was it very windy - always stayed clear of this particular island because of its very windy reputation - don't want to be sand blasted whilst on the beach reading!

Get answers to your questions about Caleta de Fuste