We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice needed this area or Corralejo

London, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
7 reviews
Advice needed this area or Corralejo

1st timers to Fuerteventura as we usually go to las Americas in tenerife , were in our early 50's and like to have a few drinks , walk abit and eat good food and of course sunbath , I have booked for a week in November what area would be best does this area close in November ?

Any advice on hotels/apartments would also be great we will probably go AI .

Thanks

Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
5,789 posts
130 reviews
1. Re: Advice needed this area or Corralejo

Hi. Fuerte is a year round island. our opinion only but Corralejo has 'it' all ie variation of bars/eateries for all tastes & budgets. Great beaches too. It's only the 2 of us & we'd never ever go all inc as far too many places to see/enjoy & try out. So why restrict your options! Think long & hard as all inc in Europe is generally a wash out & not very good in our opinion unless you pay the higher prices for select hotels. If going with kiddies-we understand fully why some go but not if adults only. Simply no need but we're all different.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,171 posts
2. Re: Advice needed this area or Corralejo

Either resort should suit you I personally prefer Caleta, the islands do not close and are open all year round, Barceló and Castillo Playa always come to mind to stay at. There are so many places to eat good food all over the island and quite a few in Caleta but I find it hard to link good food and AI together, sorry but enjoy your trip Fuerteventura is a beautiful island.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
25 reviews
3. Re: Advice needed this area or Corralejo

Hi there, my preference would be c de f. We went there as a fuerteventura newbies in November and then corralejo in February. Booked for c de f again for some much needed sunshine in April and can't wait. There's not as many bars, eateries or shops as there are in corralejo but great for walks and enough decent food options. As for entertainment, well I think you make you're own as a middleish aged couple. Didn't find any discos as wasn't looking but lots of pubs, bustley restaurants and cafes to watch the world go by.

C de f is also close to the airport so we'll be using taxis to transfer this time. It may be a little more expensive but we will be masters of our own timing destiny and hopefully avoid the hoardes at hotel and airport check-in. It's sort of middleish on the island and has easy bus /road links to go north or south if you want to venture further afield.

As for AI v self catering, I agree with others that you probably get what you pay for. We stayed as couple HB in November last year at the Barcelo Castillo bungalows and they were great. This time it will be an AI in a hotel (which to be honest doesnt have brilliant reviews on here) but was sourced purely for its location on the beach as we now know the resort and like what we know! The small price difference between AI and SC was such that it made sense to go AI. Brekkie is brekkie and I don't really expect gourmet dining for lunch and dinner so we will go out if we choose to. It's the sun, walks, people watching and cheap but cheerful relaxing break we're looking for, not 5 star pampering.

London, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Advice needed this area or Corralejo

Please can I ask what hotel you opted for as we're still weighing every thing up , thank you

Ballyclare
Level Contributor
49 posts
138 reviews
5. Re: Advice needed this area or Corralejo

For brilliant value n a nice quality place in a perfect location. Choose Castillo playa bungalows

liverpool
Level Contributor
92 posts
20 reviews
6. Re: Advice needed this area or Corralejo

We are staying in Costa Caleta in May first time here have coach transfers included with our holiday but will be getting a taxi to save all the hustle + bussle at hotel check in how much can we expect to pay for a taxi to Barcelo Thalassot hotel .

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,171 posts
7. Re: Advice needed this area or Corralejo

About 10 euros.

liverpool
Level Contributor
92 posts
20 reviews
8. Re: Advice needed this area or Corralejo

Thanks .for that info will definitely get a taxi for that price saves waiting for the coach.

9. Re: Advice needed this area or Corralejo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, April 19, 2016