We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A terribly British question.....

Brixham, United...
Level Contributor
189 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
A terribly British question.....

What's the temp like at night?

We are coming in October for the first time but with family who come annually.

My 3 year old daughter is struggling terribly with britains heat wave at the moment when it comes to sleeping at night.

My grandparents are convinced its a "different kind of heat" and she will be more comfortable at night time over there than in this sticky heat.

I've looked at the fuertesol bungalows info and there is no air con, but it says if I email ahead I can hire a fan.

Thoughts?

northants uk...
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: A terribly British question.....

We were in caleta de fuste last july and needed cardis at night ! Lanzorote late October different story it was very warm deponds on if you have air con in room, but my then 3 yr old slept well both holidays, you will enjoy no matter what little ones wear them selves out during the day and hopefully sleep well during the night, have a great hols we are off in the morning to caleta de fuste cant wait.

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,827 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A terribly British question.....

We were in Caleta last October,it was warm enough to go out at night without a cardigan there is a nice breeze,and the air is more fresher than what it is here in the UK at the moment.We did not have aircon in our bungalow but did use the fan and had no problems sleeping at all..

Wendy

Aguadulce, Spain
Destination Expert
for Almeria, Province of Almeria, Province of Almeria
Level Contributor
1,028 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A terribly British question.....

Its humidity that makes it uncomfortable in the UK. Spain in general is a drier heat and of course the Canary Islands have the advantage of sea all around it to keep the top temps cooler at night. In October you will be fine.

Caleta de Fuste...
Destination Expert
for Caleta de Fuste, Fuerteventura
Level Contributor
7,752 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A terribly British question.....

Yes, you'll be fine in October. It's not a sticky heat here (except for some days during the Summer months). The temperature in October will be in the mid 20's, and around 17 at night.

Brixham, United...
Level Contributor
189 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A terribly British question.....

Thanks everyone :) xxx

6. Re: A terribly British question.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 21, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Caleta de Fuste