We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costa Caletta Hotel.... really getting worried!

UK
Level Contributor
97 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Costa Caletta Hotel.... really getting worried!

Flying out on the 24th for my partners 50th birthday (25th) I've just read the most recent reviews about bad food, drinks etc and I'm getting worried.

I don't have a huge amount of money to spend, hence why I picked all inclusive... now wondering if I've made a mistake.

Does anyone have anything really positive to say about it? i'd rather concentrate on the positives than negatives.

Ohhh... also... is there a Zoo?.. if so where and how much to get in?

Thank you ;)

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
630 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Costa Caletta Hotel.... really getting worried!

Sorry cant help you regarding the hotel but yes there is a zoo..There is a free bus that runs from Caletta have a look here.

www.fuerteventuraoasispark.com/e/main.html

scotland
Level Contributor
16,692 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Costa Caletta Hotel.... really getting worried!

The zoo [oasis park] is about 45-60 mins away,and 25 euro per adult , as above ,There is a free bus that runs from Caletta .

Your hotel ,it will be okay, dont expect 4 * tho.

Wellingborough...
Level Contributor
397 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Costa Caletta Hotel.... really getting worried!

All I can say is we were there from 3rd October for a week and never ever would go back. Most of the reviews are spot on.

I guess you will have to go with an open mind and make the best of a bad place.

Good luck.

york
Level Contributor
61 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Costa Caletta Hotel.... really getting worried!

We are flying on 24th from manchester but staying at the Elba Carlota. Just go with an open mind, everybody is different and some people find fault with everything. Caleta itself looks amazing and we intend to enjoy ourselves relaxing and exploring. We are also going to go to the zoo. Just use your hotel as a base and have a great holiday!

glasgow
Level Contributor
205 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Costa Caletta Hotel.... really getting worried!

We are going on the 30th, im sure it will be great

make the most of it

we read terrible reviews about the hotel we stayed in last year and were worried.......when we went we had a ball !!

you there for 1 week ??

blackpool
Level Contributor
102 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Costa Caletta Hotel.... really getting worried!

we are going there in january, apart from recent ones the reviews seemed ok. am looking forward to going as not been away for two years.

Kirkcaldy, United...
Level Contributor
652 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Costa Caletta Hotel.... really getting worried!

Both Hotels I have stayed in over there have had plenty of bad reviews but we had fine stays. Some people do like to pick fault with the little things. There was some people got off our coach staying there and they seemed to have an ok stay.

The hotel I stayed - caleta gardens had reports of break ins, dirty rooms, cockroaches and lots of other bad stuff but out room was spotless and we had no problems like that. Sure you will be pleasantly surprised.

UK
Level Contributor
97 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Costa Caletta Hotel.... really getting worried!

Thanks for all your replies

We are just going for a week so I aim to make it the best I can. Lets hope I come home and post a really excellent review. Caleta itself looks lovely and I'm looking forward to long strolls.

weather is looking good though :)

x

glasgow
Level Contributor
205 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Costa Caletta Hotel.... really getting worried!

we go as you come back ...so will miss your review........im positive it will be great

have alovely time

x

Scotland
Level Contributor
18 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Costa Caletta Hotel.... really getting worried!

I was there 2-9th Nov.

To me the food was ok,I have had worse.I dont eat a lot of meat but always found pasta/sauce,frozen,veg chips salad,fruit etc.There was a chinese night,pork was horrible.Indian night my husband loved the curry.

Breakfast was good,lovely soft bread ,cerials fruit etc.eggs.

The worste thing was the soft drinks,far too sweet and disgusting.Wine and beer was ok.If you cant stand the mixers,you can buy a bottle/can from nearby shops.

Eating out for a change isn't expensive.Theres and Aberdeen steak house does 3 course for about 8 euro.

Wok slowboat chinese,near by.Does a buffet for about 8 euro,buy one drink get one free.They also have discount night Wed/Sat 30% off.

Snack bar isnt that great,you can't help yourself,you ask at bar and it's a case of what they have cooked.sometimes cheese/ham sandwiches.Best having a good breakfast to last you till lunch.

A few cats were poisoned while we were there,I was really upset about that.dont know who did it though.That put a damper on my holiday :((

Get answers to your questions about Caleta de Fuste