We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caleta De Fuste

Which Caleta de Fuste hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Caleta De Fuste

Im going to Caleta De fuste on 22nd June, were staying in Duplex La Colina Apartments on the golf course.

Has any one stayed here before and if so, whats it like?? Is it clean and night life etc.

There is 6 of us going but we wont be going out much as we have a small child..

Thanks

UK
Level Contributor
852 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caleta De Fuste

We stayed in one of the 3 bedroom houses on La Colina a couple of years ago and as most of the properties are only a few years old, it was very clean, well equipped and the communal pool was good - although very cold!

Only drawback for us was the location. There are no shops or bars nearby, and no restaurants either. We did a 'big shop' at the Spar Supermarket at the Atlantico shopping centre on our first day and stocked up the fridge and freezer.

Its about 20/25 minutes stroll into the centre of Caleta, and about 4 euros back in a taxi.

It was very quiet, which we wanted, and we cooked most of the time, apart from a couple of nights when we went to Nestors, which is a fab restaurant near Caleta Gardens and a dining experience not to be missed!

Also ate at Fado steakhouse, but it was very busy and you got the impression they wanted you in and out as quickly as possible.

Bawtry, United...
Level Contributor
386 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Caleta De Fuste

Hi

We own an apartment over looking the golf course near La colina and rather than walk into town at night you can get the free curtesy bus that leaves approx once an hour from the Elba Palace Golf Hotel ( 5 min walk from La Colina) this takes you into the centre of town. If you prefer the taxis will collect you for 4 euro. We generally bus or walk in and then taxi back.

Hope you have fun and let me know if you want any help regarding the area. There are a couple of bars and resteraunts at the shopping centre which is a 15 min walk away.

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Caleta De Fuste

Thank You

What restaurants and bars would you recommend? We have a small baby so is there a supermarket close by to get baby food etc or would you recommend bringin it with us??

Thanks very much

Bawtry, United...
Level Contributor
386 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Caleta De Fuste

Hi

You can get everything you need at the Spar its more like a Sainsburys etc here rather than a corner shop style. Many of my family have visted with me along with my 1 year old niece and we just took the basics for the Plane and borught the rest there nappies, food etc. You can get some english brands such as robinsons heinz etc but you will pay a little more for these. There is a great fresh bakery and fish counter within the spar we find it very good.

Please PM me if you want any more info I am more than happy to help. Trip advisor memebrs have helped me enormousley in the past with my holidays

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Caleta De Fuste

Just writing to ask you if you enjoyed your stay at the duplex la colina were thinking of booking would like some info if you don't mind not many reviews on the place. THANKS

6. Re: Caleta De Fuste

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 23, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Caleta de Fuste