We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire ??? Book here in UK or In Caleta???

Leicestershire
Level Contributor
239 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Car hire ??? Book here in UK or In Caleta???

Thinking of booking some car hire, not sure whether to book here or wait till we get there in July, with the Euro so bad Im thinking here, but if anyone who has been recently could give me some advise that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
338 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Car hire ??? Book here in UK or In Caleta???

We booked through Payless (www.paylesscarrental.com)March last year and picked our people carrier up at the Cigar car rental office in Caleta main street. If you compare rates they are cheaper than Cigar, but they are both within the same company. We also paid cash when we picked up the car. The cars they had lined up outside the office were all of good quality.

Jandia well worth a visit when you get your hire car, worth seeing for the beautiful carribbean style beaches, gorgeous.

Beware of the police watching the traffic for speeding, I have heard they also watch out at the roundabouts.

We love Caleta, we have just returned from our 4th visit and already booked up again for next March. Hopefully we can squeeze another holiday in to Caleta before then !

You will certainly need plenty euros, we went through loads in only a week, but we were self catering and eating out all the time !

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
652 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car hire ??? Book here in UK or In Caleta???

returned from caleta yesterday ,ALWAYS book online,i usually book carhire4less they are usually cheapest,who give you cars from hertz or avis, this time i booked online with payless, book basic car gave me4 door corsa, AC, friend booked basic, given cicar astra. ,payed in euros at the desk,not with credit card online. situated in airport, very good ,and would recomend....... i handed my car back, went to book in for flight home,6 hr delay . went back to payless to cheekily ask if i could have car back for few hours. no problem gave me car back at no cost.flight was at 7;15 told keep car till 7 if i wanted . brilliant saved me sitting in airport all that time

Leicestershire
Level Contributor
239 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car hire ??? Book here in UK or In Caleta???

Thanks for your comments

GALWAY
Level Contributor
60 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car hire ??? Book here in UK or In Caleta???

does anyone know any where in CALETA DE FUSTE to rent a car and how much would it be?

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
338 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Car hire ??? Book here in UK or In Caleta???

There are quite a few car hire places in Caleta. At least 5 I can think of. Two in the main precinct and three on the other side of the street that runs past the Barcelo Fuerteventura Hotel.

For a good price though try looking at the website for www.payless.es - can only be booked on the internet. Pay cash when you pick the car up at the Cicar Rental Office (that makes 6 car rental places - forgot about Cicar)

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
852 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car hire ??? Book here in UK or In Caleta???

I would do a search on travelsupermarket.com. Personally I get a deal where it covers the excess if you have an accident as its not worth the worry. This usually adds about £2 a day on to the rental but its worth it. I have used Economy car hire and rented from caleta itself. Some of the rental places say caleta and you end up having to get them to pick you up to take you to their offices which are on the way to the airport. This rental is still classed as Caleta. The last couple of times i have used economu car hire and they used a company opposite the barcelo castillo apartments up on the top road. This was the best i have used as previously I have been given "baldy tyres" from Avis.

7. Re: Car hire ??? Book here in UK or In Caleta???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:32 am, November 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Caleta de Fuste