We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcello Club el Castillo

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
86 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Barcello Club el Castillo

Hi,

From reading posts on this website about some rooms in this complex being damp and smelly etc, I was wondering could anyone tell me which block of rooms in this complex are the smelly ones and which block I should request that's recently refurbished. I'm travelling with 1 elderly lady and two babies included in my travel party.

wales
Level Contributor
81 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcello Club el Castillo

I have requested one of the rooms on the beach front. They have all been redone out to very high standards. Stayed here a few times and never had a problem with damp or smells.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
86 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcello Club el Castillo

Thanks Rachel. Gonna send off my request today.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
852 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcello Club el Castillo

Requesting a better room means that Barcelo will make a surcharge of about 11 euros per day. Its worth the extra as for this you will get flat screen tely's, air conditioning, free safe and a better apartment. You could ask for a room on ground floor at Puerto Castillo. There is a great kiddies pool there and its gated so completely safe. Its also ramped for the elderly and very quiet. It has views of the sea and is worth the 11 euro per day.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
86 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcello Club el Castillo

Thanks Carlie dog,

I have contacted them and they're charging me €15 per day for an upgrade to the bungalows. Do the bungalows have air con? Is that OK? I'm going to 3100 block. Is that ideal for babies and elderly? Are the views nice?

Thanks for your help.

L

wales
Level Contributor
81 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barcello Club el Castillo

Just another bit of info for you. If you are self catering you can upgrade to Half board at the reception. This is 60E per adult for a 3 day hb voucher. Kids are 30E . This works out great value as the prices have gone up in resort.

Seperate Meal prices at the barcello are 8.50e breakfast, 13e lunch and 16e dinner including house wine and water.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
86 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barcello Club el Castillo

Thanks Rachel,

What about surrounding restaurants, are they expensive? Can you recommend any cheap and cheerful places?

wales
Level Contributor
81 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Barcello Club el Castillo

We love Tommy Nutters, Best sunday dinner ever ! . To be honest i have never had a bad meal in caleta. Plenty of choice selling all types of food and entertainment. Dont know how young your children are but the barcello also run 3 kids club for different ages from birth which my son loves. In the evening they also have a little ones disco which they get all kids no matter how small involved in. It wears them out at least !!! . This is in the round building by the pool. If you need to know anymore please just ask.

wales
Level Contributor
81 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Barcello Club el Castillo

Forgot to add that the food is about the same price everywhere 10-20e a meal. We eat out a few times and book the HB to save a bit of money. If you are going to cook a few meals yourself i would recomend that you take a few basics with you as the supermarkets are expensive. The Spar in the Atlantico seams to be the cheapest and we have the free bus there then taxi back which is about 6e.

High Peak
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Barcello Club el Castillo

Hi,

We were upgraded on arrival to block 3000 and the apartment was lovely, accomodation fantastic especially if travelling with a baby as you have access to all kitchen facilities including microwave, take nappies with you at 16 Euros for 16 pampers it can be quite expensive!!!!

10. Re: Barcello Club el Castillo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:39 am, October 29, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Caleta de Fuste