We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mobile phone prepaid plan

toronto
Level Contributor
136 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
mobile phone prepaid plan

if anyone has some helpful advice please let me know.

i have brought my jailbroken, unlocked iphone from canada and am looking for the best 30 day prepaid plan so i can mostly access a data plan. i will make very few calls and texts, perhaps a few imessages.

to be honest i am not familiar with the mobile companies here but have been trying to look on the internet. my 30 days will be mostly spent in broadbeach area but about a week will be in cairns.

thank you

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
450 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mobile phone prepaid plan

http://www.amaysim.com.au/

$2 for a sim card ... available at many outlets including supermarkets ... go online to choose a plan and activate. Operates on the Optus 3g network which has widespread coverage in the areas you mentioned you will be visiting.

toronto
Level Contributor
136 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mobile phone prepaid plan

thanks garry

will check this out today

toronto
Level Contributor
136 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mobile phone prepaid plan

Wow Garry,

that was the best suggestion...I cant believe as a Canadian how our own mobile telecomunication market is so monopolized by a few companies. I bought a 2dollar sim added a 9 dollar data plan with 10 dollars for voice and text. and direct dialed from my cell to toronto and spoke for 16 minutes only to find that it only used up 1.02 !!!!!! i cant even make a local call at home on my cell for that cheap.

4. Re: mobile phone prepaid plan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, July 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Broadbeach