We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Broadbeach???

Australia
6 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay in Broadbeach???

Can anyone help? Trying to decided where to stay in Broadbeach when visiting in May. The Mantra Sierra Grand (2 bedroom) sounds like the pick but the Waves Resort, Meriton Svcd Apartments & Ultra also look good, any suggestions - pro's & cons for each. Also any thoughts on the Limes Hotel in Brisbane for a couple of nights stay?

Much appreciated as this is our first time to QLD.

Mentioned in this post
Broadbeach
Broadbeach
Gold Coast, Australia
Mantra Sierra Grand
Mantra Sierra Grand
1,209 Reviews
Broadbeach, Australia
Meriton Suites Broadbeach
9,211 Reviews
Broadbeach, Australia
Ultra Broadbeach
Ultra Broadbeach
268 Reviews
Broadbeach, Australia
Brisbane
Brisbane
Brisbane Region, Australia
Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,157 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Broadbeach???

Hi,

All the apartment buildings you mention are excellent, modern, new and you will enjoy any of them. I would probably rate them in order:

1) Meriton - 5 Star, Brand New, Busy road on the western side.

2) Wave - Modern, Chic, Right on top of the Mall.

3) Sierra Grand - Nice, but at a major intersection. East facing rooms are fine.

4) Ultra - Same as above buildings, but not quite as good.

Air on Broadbeach is also nice if you want something right on the beach.

Mentioned in this post
9,211 Reviews
Broadbeach, Australia
Ultra Broadbeach
Ultra Broadbeach
268 Reviews
Broadbeach, Australia
Broadbeach
Broadbeach
Gold Coast, Australia
Australia
Level Contributor
144 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Broadbeach???

All of the properties you have mentioned are good, my only thing is that they're not right on the ocean and so you will have a walk to the beach. Oceana on Broadbeach, Carmel by the Sea or Le Grande are all situated across from the beach. However if you are happy with Sierra Grand its a nice property about a good 5/10 minute walk to the centre of Broadbeach. The Wave is smack bang in the middle of Broadbeach shops. With regard to the Lime Hotel, I have not stayed there but have been there for drinks. Personally its in the middle of nowhere, its very near the RNA showgrounds, you can walk into Valley (which is now quite trendy) but it just is not in a good position. I personally think you would find a far better hotel to stay in. It is an old office building that have been renovated into a hotel.

Mentioned in this post
Oceana on Broadbeach
Oceana on Broadbeach
417 Reviews
Broadbeach, Australia
Carmel By The Sea
Carmel By The Sea
256 Reviews
Broadbeach, Australia
Broadbeach
Broadbeach
Gold Coast, Australia
The Wave Resort
The Wave Resort
456 Reviews
Broadbeach, Australia
Australia
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Broadbeach???

Hi buckland, thanks for your reply, particularly your view on the Limes Hotel, much appreciated & will look for something else!!

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,157 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Broadbeach???

Your welcome!! Sheeeesh

Auckland
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Broadbeach???

Hi Beach8um please help me :) I booked accommodation at Ocean Pacific Resort and am really looking forward to the holiday with my husband and 18 month old. I have booked a superior 1 bedroom apartment with ocean views I'm really nervous about turning up and it not being what I expected it to be. Can you tell me are the rooms nice?? Location is central? and do you think it is worth the money we are paying for it??

I've looked at all the pics but there aren't many at all.. What can you tell me please?? Anxious.

Mentioned in this post
Ocean Pacific
Ocean Pacific
874 Reviews
Broadbeach, Australia
6. Re: Where to stay in Broadbeach???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, September 13, 2010