We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gardenia Villas, Inlice, Gocek

Wales
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Gardenia Villas, Inlice, Gocek

Hello,

I am staying in the Gardenia Villas in Inlice, Gocek, this summer. I cannot find much information about the villas - all I know is they are a group of 6 new villas in Inlice. Can anyone give me some more information about these villas and also about the area of inlice and Gocek? I have never been to Turkey before. How much will a taxi from Dalaman airport be?

Glasgow, United...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Gardenia Villas, Inlice, Gocek

Hi

We are also staying in the Gardenia Villas this summer and like you have never been to Turkey before. A taxi will cost approx £45 but you are actually cheaper booking your transfers online, we done it and its only £42 return!!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gardenia Villas, Inlice, Gocek

Hello and welcome to Turkey!

Why don't you ask the property owner if they can organise a private transfer for you? Or alternatively you might want to think about hiring a car. Metro based at Dalaman are very good - cars are always in excellent condition and they are very nice and reliable people:

www.metrocarrental.

Their website quotes £20 a day for 7 days +.

I don't know exactly where these villas are - but Inlice is a very small rural village on the next bay after Gocek heading towards Fethiye. It has a nice pebbly beach that has a cafe where you can get toasted sandwiches and drinks, beds and brollies etc, also a campsite here popular with Turks. - and I believe there is another restaurant at the other end of the beach. But I don't think there are many shops - so you might want to think about having a car for doing your food shopping at the supermarkets and shops in Gocek (and the weekly market on Sundays) as well as for visiting their lovely restaurants in the evening.

Also with a car you could visit other nearby attractions - other bays en route to Fethiye, which is a nice working town with a large marina; the blue lagoon at Olu Deniz, Sakklikent Gorge, and a bit farther away ruined cities at Tlos, Pinara, Xanthos - up to Patara and Kalkan. Or lovely scenic Dalyan heading in the other direction past Dalaman.

You can read posts on all these locations in the various forums here on TA and ask more questions - people will be happy to help you out!

Edited: 12:01 pm, April 07, 2011
Gocek, Turkey
Level Contributor
3,307 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Gardenia Villas, Inlice, Gocek

I don't know these villas, but from looking at a website it seems that they are close to Inlice beach.

Inlice is a small agricultural village a couple of miles outside Göcek on the way to Fethiye. The main road by-passes Inlice village, which is to the left going in the direction of Fethiye; the beach (and, I imagine) these villas are on the right of the road. There's a beach and in the season there's a beach bar/café run by Göcek council.

As far as I'm aware, there are no shops in Inlice. There are two or three restaurants at the roadside.

There are plenty of shops and restaurants in Göcek itself, here are some useful websites:

http://www.gocekonline.com/default.asp?L=EN

http://www.gocekevents.co.uk/index.html

http://www.gocek.bel.tr/

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g298032-i7341-k3…

I'll be updating my 2010 details on Göcek once the season's started and everything is open.

Wales
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Gardenia Villas, Inlice, Gocek

Thanks for everyone's messages. I think the car hire is the best idea. I can't wait to get to Gocek. It looks a lovely place!

Gocek, Turkey
Level Contributor
3,307 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Gardenia Villas, Inlice, Gocek

I'd second the recommendation for Metro Car Rentals:

http://www.metrocarrental.com/index.php

Wales
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Gardenia Villas, Inlice, Gocek

I have returned from Turkey. Gocek is BRILLIANT! It is a shame I can't say that about Gardenia Villas or Thomas Cook! 2 days before I was due to go to the villas I had a telephone call from Thomas Cook saying that the Gardenia Villas were not finished being built! It all worked out well and instead I stayed in Carlton Heights Villas in Gocek which were amazing! I visited the Gardenia villas in Inlice and they are FAR from being ready and there were just 3 of the 8 built and they had no windows, doors, etc. and the whole area is a building site! Also there is nothing around the Gardenia Villas. Apart from that issue I had a FANTASTIC time in Gocek and will return there soon!

Liverpool, England...
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gardenia Villas, Inlice, Gocek

Hi,

I've read your post and just wanted to know abit more about Carlton Height Villas. We are going this summer and can't find any reviews. They look fantastic but I'm unsure on location and if car hire is essential? Any info would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Wales
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Gardenia Villas, Inlice, Gocek

Hi!

The villa was amazing - 4 floors and 5 bedrooms and a nice size pool. Gocek is not a beach place - there is a couple of luxury marinas there. We used the pool everyday. There are beaches but you would need to take the car.

There are plenty of food options in Gocek but none by the villa. The villa is off the beaten track and we drove into Gocek for our meals. We did a few BBQs at the villa which was really nice.

I would defiantly recommend the villa and it has a lot of privacy - there are 6 identical villas next to each other with a mountain backdrop behind them. A car is essential.

Hope this helps.

Tyrone.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gardenia Villas, Inlice, Gocek

You could walk into the village from Carlton Heights - if you look at this Google map they are the other side of the main D400 road just after it comes down the hill from Fethiye (to the right) and just by the roundabout (at least I think that's them!) So you would walk down the road marked in yellow from the roundabout to the town. At least it is on the flat - but quite a good hike, especially in the heat! So I would agree with Tyrone - a car would be good! Then you could drive to the beach in Inlice as well as exploring further away.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=google+maps+gocek+turkey&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x14c065fa398fef15:0x8de56199ebeef49d,Göcek,+Turkey&gl=uk&ei=MRnfT5fmOMT

There is no beach in Gocek - but you can (and must!) do a 12 Island boat tour - a lovely day out, and you can also take the little motor boat that goes from the main "Belediye" (municipal) quay over to Gocek Island - there is a nice beach there with a snack bar.

Edited: 8:12 am, June 18, 2012
London, United...
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gardenia Villas, Inlice, Gocek

Sorry - just realised I was talking about Terrace Life villas. I think Carlton Heights is up off the next road up to right after the roundabout (heading West towards Dalaman) - probably somewhere where it says "Gocek Villa Holidays". The road up the hill is pretty steep - but people do walk it. You can always negotiate a rate with a local taxi driver - if you use the same one regularly he will often make you a price rather than work on the meter.