We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Oukaimeden open for skiing yet?

London, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Is Oukaimeden open for skiing yet?

Hi,

We are coming out to Marrakech on Feb 3rd and were hoping to go skiing for a day in Oukaimeden. Does anyone know if there is any snow at the moment or if any lifts are open? The snow reports are rather vague and no webcams...

Thanks!

Anna

10 replies to this topic
Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,516 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Oukaimeden open for skiing yet?

If you can find an email address for Chez JuJu you could ask them.

…facebook.com/pages/…335711928405

Tel: 00 212 524 31 90 05

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Oukaimeden open for skiing yet?

Hi Anna,

I'm flying into Marrakesh Feb 4 and heading to Oukaimeden - HOPEFULLY to ski. I was sent photos of the 'resort' last week and there does appear to be some snow and the lifts were open. From what I've heard it hasn't snowed much since mid November, but that's pretty typical.

If you're interested in seeing the photo send me a message here or on facebook.

Good luck,

Matt (from Vancouver, Canada)

NZ
Level Contributor
1,100 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Oukaimeden open for skiing yet?

The lift was open and they were skiing on the 23 Jan but there certainly didn't seem to be much snow around. It was mostly younger people around the lower slopes. Perhaps this cold snap will have added some more snow.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Oukaimeden open for skiing yet?

MaDaBla or anyone else. I am going to be there in Mid March and want to ski as well. Can you let me know the particulars of how you arranged transportation, rentals, etc... I would greatly appreciate any advice.

Edited: 6:36 pm, February 18, 2013
Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,516 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Oukaimeden open for skiing yet?

For transport check your guidebook, for equipment rentals, do that when you get there.

10cm (not much) fell yesterday. The freezing level is quite low so it will quickly disappear. No more snow forecast for next ten days

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Oukaimeden open for skiing yet?

When I was there last February I took a cab from Marrakech for about $30 CAD or return from $45 CAD. On the return trip I opted for a local shuttle, about $10 CAD. I spent 4 days at Oukaimeden snowboarding. Day passes were about $10 CAD. I arranged accommodations when I arrived and paid about $12/night including breakfast, but I think I got a pretty good deal as my cab driver had a hand in arranging everything.

Droitwich, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Oukaimeden open for skiing yet?

where did you stay for $12 a nignt?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Oukaimeden open for skiing yet?

I am only going to be there for a day but it is good to know the price for transportation. How are the conditions? How about the mountain itself? Anything challenging? I am a pretty advanced skier.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is Oukaimeden open for skiing yet?

Yo, I am thinking of going some boarding. Just a last minute idea, I noticed that you spent last March on the slopes. How were the conditions? And what was the name of your hostel? I'm on a budget. Any info would be great. Oh i'm not going to bring my own gear as only going to have a few days on the snow before i have to depart, did you notice what the standard of the hired equipment is like?

Thanks

Bangor
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Is Oukaimeden open for skiing yet?

I was there on Friday (28th February). There is snow and it is fine on the higher slopes. However it is melting fast near the bottom. Some button lifts are closed, one had no snow for the first few yards and bare patches on the way up leading to lots of falls. The cable for the other working button lift had come off the towers near the top, which was very disconcerting and frankly dangerous. I noticed that it had stopped running by the end of the day so perhaps it is now closed too.

Reply to: Is Oukaimeden open for skiing yet?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Oukaimeden